CAN Error 995

• A thread was waiting in a blocking DeviceIoControl() and the file handle was closed by another thread. Then the first (waiting) thread returns with ERROR_OPERATION_ABORTED (=Error 995, "The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request." = "Der E/A-Vorgang wurde wegen eines Threadendes oder einer Anwendungsanforderung abgebrochen."). This may for example happen if you don't stop a parallel thread that is waiting for an event and the main program is stopped. Then the file handle is closed (either by the main program itself or by the C environment) causing the waiting thread to cancel the I/O operation. Otherwise the thread would be stuck in an environment of data structures that do not exist anymore, most probably causing an exception when trying to continue.

By the way Visual Studio usually has a tool "error lookup" where you can enter the number and find the description. Or you can load the winerror.h file from the SDK (usually in C:\Programme\Windows CE Tools\wce600/<board>/Include/Armv4i/) and search for the number.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• this is strange
    on our usb can modul CAN L to GND are 2,4V
    CAN H to GND also 2,4V

on the starterinf CAN L to GND ONLY 0,4V
    CAN H to GND are 2,4V

This is the same on our second starterboard.

Is there a hardware defect on this series??

• at i post the second i didn saw you have answered as far...

I tried not my program instead your PICOMOD Can Test Suite from your download area.

3 month ago i got the first starterboard of you.
    With this board (default registry), the same electronical wiring and the same cantestsuite programm (yours) everything works fine, perfectly.

but now i only switched the starterboard and this leads to the error

• Quote from "pschmo"

on our usb can modul CAN L to GND are 2,4V
    CAN H to GND also 2,4V

on the starterinf CAN L to GND ONLY 0,4V
    CAN H to GND are 2,4V

The new start interface has the possibility to either use CAN-RX and CAN-TX (without transceiver) or use CAN-H and CAN-L (with transceiver). So can you check if the transceiver chip is mounted?

Look on the side of the start interface board with the five 10-pin connector sockets next to each other. Hold the board so that the connectors are to the top edge and the battery is on the right side. Then look below the second 10-pin connector socket from the left. Is there an 8-pin IC mounted or is this slot empty? This is the transceiver. If this transceiver is missing, then the interface is configured for CAN-RX/TX and not for CAN-H/L.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Remark for all readers: as we found out, the start interface board of this customer had a non-working mounting option which could be solved by unsoldering two jumper resistors. If you observe similar problems with the CAN bus, please contact us or write into this thread.

Your F&S Support Team