Usage I/O interface

• Hello,

what is the correct usage of the i/o interface relating the NDCUA5?

is it similar to the NDCU6 oder NDCU14?

like it was discussed here in this thread about changes in NDCU14 compared to NDCU10
    http://www.fs-net.de/phpBB2/vi…c.php?f=59&t=3401&p=10939

Quote from "fs-support_ZU"

Hello,
    use following:

Code
    1. ...
    2. reg set value datadirA dword 0x000d0e
    3. reg set value datainitA dword 0x000000
    4. reg set value useasioA dword 0x000fff
    5. reg set value IRQCfg0A dword 0x00000
    6. reg set value IRQCfg1A dword 0x0000f0
    7. reg set value IRQCfg2A dword 0x00000
    8. ...

best regards,
    RalfR

• Hello,

for latest A5 kernel i know no open issue about DIO! Did you have any problems? Please post me details.

In general you can use both notations:
    reg set value UseAsIOA dword <port0-3>
    reg set value UseAsIOB dword <port4-7>
    or
    reg set value UseAsIO hex <port0>, ....<portn>

I would prefer the "hex" but NetDCU has less then 32 IOs so "UseAsIOA covers all IOs.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello Mr. fs-support_ZU,

by the time it is my task to port a Software to the NetDCU A5, which runs on NDCU6 by the time, because NDCU6 is discontiued since a longer time. Actually i got it compiled, but it looks like that some things have changed (usage in cases of programming) since NDCU6. So i have to look closer. (even I/O Interface too.)

Because the A5 is promoted to be pin-compatible to the NDCU11, NDCU6 etc, we didn't change the Design of our Motherboard.

best regards,
    RalfR

P.S.: Is there a possibility for getting more Documents/Datasheets (Device-Driver, etc...) for the NDCUA5 for Download, or are these only available with a StarterKitCD? Because actually i only found some PDFs about Updating, Hardware, Library, 3x *.DotNET.

• Hello,

IO Interface should be compatibel to NetrDCUx, so you can refer http://www.fs-net.de/download/…viceDriver_WCE600_eng.pdf until we release the new documentation. If you have any questioms you can ask me here or write me a mail.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.