2x USB Host on NetDCUA5

• Hello,

in the latest kernel the driver is already included. Also registering should be persistent. You just have to enabel the driver (by delete value "flags") and to disable the USBFN driver by set the value flags=DWORD:4.

Attached also the registering and driver:

Files

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Dear Sirs, we are interested in this functionality because we are replacing NETDCU8 with NETDCUA5. I understand that you post the software modifications but which hardware modifications are necessary to use Device USB as Host USB. The same as in NETDCU8 or whichs?

Thanks a lot,

• Hello,

I have a USB bar code scanner, keyboard etc. working on both USB connections via our backplane PCB, which is designed for the NetDCU8.
    So far so good.

What I cant get working is a memory USB stick. With the NetDCU8 it has always worked perfect. When I connect a USB memory stick, a new hard dis apears on a NetDCU8, but with the NetDCUA5 nothing happens.
    When I test a USB memory stick with the F&S interface board (SINTS-14) with a NetDCUA5 plugged into it, a hard drive appears.

Any idea what might be wrong? R29 and R30 are not placed!
    [IMG:http://www.anoxomat.com/avatar/images/usb%20schematic.jpg]
     [IMG:http://www.anoxomat.com/avatar/images/usb.jpg]

• On my NetdcuA5, fs_usbfn.dll is located in the windows directory, so I left the register setting for the location as it was (01 "DLL"=string:fs_usbfn.dll ).

OK -> reg enum key \
    OK -> reg enum value \
    00 "Flags"=dword:4 \
    01 "DLL"=string:fs_usbfn.dll \
    02 "ForceFullSpeed"=dword:1 \
    03 "Prefix"=string:UFN \
    04 "Order"=dword:64 \
    05 "Priority256"=dword:100 \
    06 "MemBase"=dword:1073954816 \
    07 "MemLen"=dword:4096 \
    08 "irq"=dword:107 \
    09 "OTGSupport"=dword:0 \
    10 "OTGGroup"=string:01 \
    11 "BusIoctl"=dword:2752584 \
    12 "IClass"=multi:{E2BDC372-598F-4619-BC50-54B3F7848D35}=%b;{6F40791D-300E-44E4-BC38-E0E63CA8375C}=%b \
    13 "LoadAsyncEvent"=string:SYSTEM/ShellAPIReady \

I saw that Flags is set for 4, which I thought disabled this driver. So I also tried it with Flags set to 0. both had no positive effect.

!>reg open \drivers\builtin\usb0
    \: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\drivers\builtin\usb0
    OK
    !>reg enum
    OK -> reg enum key \
    OK -> reg enum value \
    00 "MemBase"=dword:1073954816 \
    01 "Dll"=string:fs_hcd_hsotg2.dll \
    02 "Prefix"=string:HCD \
    03 "Order"=dword:21 \
    04 "Class"=dword:12 \
    05 "SubClass"=dword:3 \
    06 "ProgIF"=dword:32 \
    07 "MemLen"=dword:4096 \
    08 "InterfaceType"=dword:0 \
    09 "irq"=dword:107 \
    10 "HcdCapability"=dword:4 \
    11 "OTGSupport"=dword:0 \
    12 "OTGGroup"=string:01 \
    13 "UseExistingSettings"=dword:0 \

Anything else I can try?

Kind regards,
    Thomas

• Please remove all the resistors and diodes connected to the USB lines.
    USB lines need to be routed according to the USB routing guidlines (differential, 90R impedance, no stubs, etc.).
    All protection diodes must be suited for USB2.0 (low capacitance).

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

...I saw that Flags is set for 4, which I thought disabled this driver. So I also tried it with Flags set to 0. both had no positive effect...

Ok sorry it was my fault. We are talking about the host port and you did not use the USBFN.
    So please try the HW solution my collegue adviced. But in the next kernel release we also include a feature to swtich USB host to full speed.

• You can use any protection device which is suited for USB2.0.
    For USB2.0 you should use a device with as little capacictance as possible (usually under 1pF).