Resistive touch controller SX865x

• Hello,

I have a question about a touch screen controller. Is the SX865x driver already available on the QBlissA9? If I take a look in the registry I only find the SX865x device stated under efusA9 and the armStoneA9.

What signals need to be connected to the starter kit to be able to get it working. I2C needs a clock and data line, but do I need to connect the reset en interrupt lines two? If so, to which external interrupt line?

• It is possible to use the SX865 touch driver for the QBlissA9. Create the same settings like efusA9.
    Only the "I2CDevice" have to change. Please enter the I2C you use for your touch.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• I created the driver and changed 'I2CDevice' to I2C3: since that is the device where the SX8655 is connected to (determined with FS_I2CSCAN.exe).

When booting the TchProxy still fails to load the driver.

Code
    1. ...
    2. TchProxy: Try to load touch driver.
    3. .TchProxy: touch driver cann't be loaded. Check touch driver registry settings.
    4. TchProxy: GetDeviceCaps: Warning Since Touch stream driver is not loaded this call will return error or default values.
    5. ...

This is why I have a few questions about the driver:
    1 - Why is 'I2CDevAddr' set to 146 when the SX8655 has two address options, namely 0x48 and 0x49 (decimal value 73 and 72)? It looks like the value is shifted 1 bit to the left.
    2 - What does 'ChangeIO' do?
    3 - What does 'ResetIO' do?

• Adding a I2C touch controller is not a main feature of the QBliss standard. So the implementation has to consider several points in hard- and software. Please contact our technical support via your sales partner.

regards
    fs-support_KW

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.