Registry Changes from NetDCU 9 to NetDCU14

• Hi!

I am trying to convert a registry configuration file, which was used for the NetDCU 9, to the NetDCU14 with WEC7 and VGA.
    Unfortunately some registry entries have changed and I found some equivalents and changed the entry for the network card, but I am missing some documentation of how to configure the VGA port of the device in the same manner as before. Could you please help me?

The configuration file looks like this:

• I changed "reg open \drivers\display\smivgx" to "reg open \drivers\display\LCD", the registry keys are created, but still a black screen. Could it be the value of "type = 0x2000" that is wrong?

• Hello

VGA:
    which article number did you order (or provice my serial number)? Some NetDCU14 artivel has no VGA. As far as i see there are no additional adjustments required to deploy VGA.

DIO: please refer Device Driver Dokument.

FTP: runs by default, but you may adjust your desired settings

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• I ordered number NetDCU14-512DAN2C2V-WEC7 from the german flyer.
    As I could see just now, the number does not exist in the english flyer, there it is slightly different.
    On the sticker it shows NDCU14-PREM-WEC7. The serial number is 00055108BD52.

• Hello,
    this "NDCU14-PREM-WEC7" is the WCE licence.
    Article "NetDCU14-512DAN2C2V-WEC7" should include VGA!
    Please give me some time i will do further check.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• I checked also serial number HW is definitely ok and shloud support VGA.

According device Driver

Specify settings for analog CRT under the following key:
    [HKLM\Drivers\Display\LCD\HDMI]
    If you don’t create the key and don’t create value MODE default mode 0 is used.

Also the setting are correct. Does the Operating System boot complete? Did you try to set registry to default?

• Here is the boot-log with the settings from above:

• I test it on my desk using same kernel version and default WCE Registry and got same debug output. But the monitor is working proper.
    1. Please set Registry to default (command "R" in bootloader ... wait unitl completely booted)
    If this does not resolve the problem please send board as RMA i assume a HW issue then.
    Else:
    2. Adjust your LCD using a XGA Panel file from our homepage or a default XGA display mode.

PS "What does "LCD: Can't load" mean? " i have to check the code. But it seems to be not the cause of failure, because i see it on my side too.

• Ok I resetted the registry with R command, then it restarts in mode 6 -> no VGA output
    Then I set the mode to "2" (XGA) -> no VGA output

So as far as I know the pinout of the vga connector is the same as for the netdcu 9, then it maybe a hardware defect.
    With the netdcu9 it is working properly.

We will send the board back to you and I hope you can send another one soon to us.

• Hello

We will send the board back to you and I hope you can send another one soon to us

You have to send it back as RMA. You can request RMA at our Homepage->Support->... (if necessary via your distributor).

• Hello,
    we checked the NetDCU14 you send, using several monitors and measure the signals. Everything seems to be ok. VGA feature works out of the box!
    We use SKIT STARTINF14 were VGA is pin compatible to NetDCU5.2/9/14!

Any issue we did not recognized?

• Today I got the board back from you and made some additional tests.
    The monitor is a 15" 4:3 TFT Screen with VGA and a maximum resolution of 1024x768.
    The screen still stays blank and does not show any image with NetDCU14.
    With the NetDCU9, the same screen is working with the same underlying hardware. In that hardware, the screen is connected to a SubD 15Pin Connector, which is connected to pin 41-47 of J3 (exactly the same as in your SINTF board)

So I took another screen with a higher maximum resolution and connected the NetDCU14 back to our hardware.
    Now I have an image, but the screen cannot display the Windows EC7 correctly in FullScreen. It looks like Windows is running in window-mode and is only shown in the top-left corner of the screen.
    I tried many of the default modes with different resolutions in \drivers\display\lcd, but they all have no real effect. With none of these modes I can get Windows displayed properly in full screen.
    The information menu of the monitor always shows 1280x720, 45kHz, 60Hz, even if the FSBoardConfig Utility shows 800x480 in the Display Tab. I also tried other monitors with 16:9 Format, but the result is the same.
    The NetDCU9 Board boots directly in FullScreen with the settings from my first posting and the monitor information menu shows correct values of 1024x768 60Hz.

What I dont really understand in the registry:
    There is \drivers\display\lcd, which is used as a general setting for the analog VGA that we use in J3?
    Or do I have to use \drivers\display\lcd\hdmi ??
    Are only 16:9 resolutions available in hdmi?
    What settings should I make to have 1024x768 with 60Hz for VGA pins 41-47 in J3?

Regards!

• Sorry i misunderstood.
    I did not test any special mode only that the output is working without any "enable flag" fro HDMI/CRT.

By default RGB/LVDS and HDMI/CRT shows the same output/resolution. So to adjust XGA under HKLM/Drivers/Display/LCD/ModeX is enought (assume you use only a VGA monitor).

If you want to show different output/resolution under RGB/LVDS and HDMI/CRT (Multi Monitor feature) you can adjust other as RGB/LVDS settings for HDMI/CRT under HKLM/Drivers/Display/LCD/HDMI/ModeX. For using this you have to adjust "TotalMonitor"=DWORD:2".

So please try following:

Edited 4 times, last by fs-support_ZU ().

• Hello,
    i am sorry. My suggestion above will not work!
    The CPU is only abel to drive HDMI standard modes. So XGA on CRT is not possible.

On request we can offer a schematic for Digital-RGB to DVI/HDMI converter.