compiling linux 4.1.15 with yocto

• Hi Everyone,

I have the Starter kit efusA9 linux and I am trying to build a yocto image. I followed the steps in the README from (fsimx6-Y0.2) and I got the binaries, then I flashed the sdcard image and it was working great on the module.

There is one problem. The linux in fsimx6-Y0.2\sources\meta-f+s\recipes-kernel\linux\linux-fsimx6 is outdated. Its version is "linux-3.10.17". I want to update it and use 4.1.15. I did the following:

1- I downloaded both "fsimx6-V3.1" and "fsimx6-Y0.2" from My F&S from the website.
    2- I replaced the .tar.bz2 linux file from "fsimx6-Y0.2\sources\meta-f+s\recipes-kernel\linux\linux-fsimx6\linux-3.10.17-fsimx6-Y0.2.tar.bz2" with the .tar.bz2 linux file from fsimx6-V3.1\sources\linux-4.1.15-fsimx6-V3.1.tar.bz2
    3- I modified the receipe file "linux-fsimx6_0.2.bb" to match the new replaced kernel name, specifically those 2 lines,

Code
    1. SRC_URI = "file://linux-4.1.15-fsimx6-V3.1.tar.bz2"
    2. S = "${WORKDIR}/linux-4.1.15-fsimx6-V3.1"

4- I followed the same steps as I did before to build the previous image. I mean in the "README-yocto-f+s" file "fsimx6-Y0.2\README-yocto-f+s"

then i get the following error in the build process: "#error Your compiler is too buggy" I attached the log from the bitbake.

Please any help on how to get an efusA9 yocto image with kernel 4.1.15 ?

Thanks,
    kind regards,

• Sorry, the fsimx6-Y0.2 is very old and is not suited anymore. It used Kernel 3.10 and needed a very old NBoot on the board. The NBoot that is currently shipped with our boards can not start the U-Boot anymore that is built by this old Yocto version. We are about to release a new Yocto version within a few days. So please be patient, it will be out soon.

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Please, do you have an estimation when should the new yocto version come out?
    The current yocto version has problems such as the CAN bus. If I follow your steps exactly and create a yocto image with the old kernel 3.1, then CAN bus receives the messages correctly but sends invalid messages.

I tested the buildroot method to create the image, with this image everything is working fine.

• Yes, sorry, the release should have been out by now, but we had problems adding a board specific package. This is solved since yesterday, so we are now ready to build the final packages and do the tests. This will happen next week, so maybe the first package (for fsimx6) will be out by the end of next week.

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.