Build error while building Qt5Webengine 5.12.2

  • Good day,

    EDIT: I most likely applied the patch wrong. I will test a build and delete this post if that is the case.

    EDIT2: Ok I still have the same problem as discribed below.

    Currently, I am running tests on QT, but I have problems building the qt5webengine package in buildroot_B2019.08, while running on the F&S Development VM.

    I have added the toolchain fix referenced here: Build error of package QtWebEngine with new release fsimx6-B2019.08

    On the first try for make I got the following error:


    Your Buildroot configuration needs a compiler capable of building 32 bits binaries.

    If you're running a Debian/Ubuntu distribution, install the gcc-multilib package.

    For other distributions, refer to their documentation.

    make[1]: *** [support/dependencies/ dependencies] Error 1

    make: *** [Makefile:84: _all]

    I fixed this problem by installing the following packages: glibc-devel.i686 and libstdc++-devel.i686. Please tell me if these were a wrong options, since I am not quite sure those are correct for a PicoModA9.

    After installing these packages the build can start like expected, but I get the following error when the build reaches qt5webengine:

    I would be glad, if you could show me in the right direction to fix this problem.

    Best regards

  • You need to install additional packages to compile Qt5webengine:

    - libgcc (i686)

    - glibc-devel (i686)

    - libstdc++ (i686)

    - libstdc++-devel (i686)

    - libstdc++-static (i686)

    - libstdc++-devel (x86_64)

    - libstdc++-static (x86_64)

    Your F&S Support Team

    F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

    Edited once, last by fs-support_HK ().

  • Good day,

    i had to reinstall one of the 64bit packages, but now the build is working as intended.

    The only problem now is that the root filesystem seems to exceed the maximum size, but I guess I should be able to tweak that to get a working system.

    Thanks for the help