TIMESVC under WCE7

• Hello

I was using TIMESVC under WCE6 for time synchronization

Under WCE7 I do not find the registry "Services\TIMESVC" in order to do the same

Is there another way to synchronize with NTP under WCE7 or do I have to manually create this registry?

Thanks & regards

Xavier

• Hello,

which kernel/board you are using?

If HKLM\TimeSvc is not available I assume the DLL is also missing so that manually registering has no effect. So we can add SNTP into a future kernel *or* I can attach you the DLL into a next poat and we can try manually registering.

Please let me know.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

attached the driver and default sntp Registry. You may test if it works. Finally we will add it into the next release.

; @CESYSGEN IF SERVERS_MODULES_SNTPSVC

;

;

; "server" - FQDN of sntp server, or list thereof (REG_SZ or REG_MULTI_SZ). If not given, server-only operation assumed.

; "refresh" - period (in ms) between syncs with SNTP server. Ignored in server-only mode

; "recoveryrefresh" - time (in ms) to next sync if last attempt failed. Ignored in server-only mode

; "threshold" - interval (in sec) between time on SNTP server and current time when adjustment

; is allowed. If the difference between SNTP server time and local system time is bigger,

; update is ignored unless system clock is presumed incorrect (see below). Ignored in server-only mode

; "ServerRole" - if 1, enables server operation.

; "AutoUpdate" - if 1, enables automatic time updates by SNTP client. "server" must be specified.

; "trustlocalclock" - if 0, system is presumed to not have RTC capabilities. If this is the case,

; server multicast is disabled until clock sync with sntp server succeeds, and queries to the

; server return "unreliable clock" flag. Also, the time synchronization is forced on wake-up.

; If client is disabled, the clock is presumed trusted and this value is ignored

; "multicast" - dword of ipv4 address of multicast (deprecated; for compatibility only)

; or multi_sz of ipv4 and ipv6 multicast addreses. Default value below is for gateways.

; 224.0.0.1=all systems on the subnet

; 224.0.1.1=all NTP systems within router-defined scope

; FF02::1=all nodes on the link

; FF0X::101=NTP systems within site

; "multicast"=dword:010000e0 ; == 224.0.0.1

; "multicastperiod" - interval between subsequent multicasts.

;

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\TIMESVC]

"Dll"="sntpsvc.dll"

"Order"=dword:99

"Keep"=dword:1

"Prefix"="NTP"

"Index"=dword:0

"server"=multi_sz:"tock.usno.navy.mil","time.windows.com"

"AutoUpdate"=dword:1

"ServerRole"=dword:1

; by-weekly

"refresh"=dword:48190800

; Every half-hour

"recoveryrefresh"=dword:1B7740

; 1 day

"threshold"=dword:5265C00

"trustlocalclock"=dword:0

Files

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

in the meanwhile i create a beta image with SNTP. You can download XIPVYB_C7E_V3.0_200420_BETA.