Build failure of xserver_xorg-server with libepoxy in Buildroot fsimx6-B2020.04 release

• I am updating the software of a product which uses an efusA9 module with i.MX 6Quad CPU. The product was running software from the F&S Buildroot fsimx6-V3.1 release with several extra packages enabled and a customised Linux kernel.

I have switched to using the F&S Buildroot fsimx6-B2020.04 release, but building of the X server package xserver_xorg-server (BR2_PACKAGE_XSERVER_XORG_SERVER) fails if package libepoxy is enabled. The product's software requires using the GTK3 graphics library (BR2_PACKAGE_LIBGTK3), and enabling GTK3 automatically enables libepoxy.

I get the same build failure using the F&S standard Buildroot config file fsimx6_std_defconfig with just libepoxy enabled by adding 1 line to the file:

BR2_PACKAGE_LIBEPOXY=y

Attached file F+S_B2020.04_buildroot_xserver_xorg.server-1.20.5_failure.txt is the Buildroot console output from building xserver_xorg-server.

The same build failure happens with the F&S Buildroot fsimx6-B2019.08 release, again using Buildroot config file fsimx6_std_defconfig with just libepoxy enabled by adding BR2_PACKAGE_LIBEPOXY=y. Attached file F+S_B2019.08_buildroot_xserver_xorg.server-1.20.5_failure.txt is the Buildroot console output from building xserver_xorg-server.

Andrew Rook, Speakerbus

• Hello,

there seems to be an issue with the imx-gpu-viv package and the Xservers 2D driver glamor.

As NXP disables glamor in their Yocto reference release, we should do the same.

I attached a patch to do so.

Please put it into your buildroot directory buildroot-2019.05.3-fsimx6-B2020.04 and run

Code
    1. patch -p1 < Xserver_disable_glamor.patch

Your F&S support team