How one can read existing eboot from flash and write it to file?

• Hi,

I could not understand how I can read eboot from flash and write it to file. For example to /ffsdisk/backup_eboot.bin or /ffsdisk/backup_eboot.nb0

in ndcucfg is explained:

Code
    1. !>help boot
    2. boot read <filename> - Read current Eboot and dump it into a file
    3. boot write <filename> - Overwrite existing Eboot
    4. boot enum - Display boot loader settings
    5. boot display set - Set display mode in bootloader

I do:

Code
    1. ndcucfg
    2. !>boot read /ffsdisk/backup-eboot.nb0
    3. ERROR 100: Syntax error

Cold you please explain?

thank you

• Hello,

sorry, i checked the code and saw the "boot read" is not implemented! Unfortunately the "help" for this command is implemente.

Because PV210 is EOL since many years we would not plan to implement this command.

As a workaroud you can read version of eboot from HKLM\Platform and you will find all eboots in our download area.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello, thank you for answer.

Can you help me to understand how I can change this value 0xd41c65b8 to another one?

Code
    1. LCD: LCD_SetupGPIOs(EBOOT, 0xd41c65b8)

• My setup with new netDCU14 board does not work with LCD display. Old netDCU14 board works in my setup with LCD display correctly.

Same config, all parameters the same, except this value. My suppose is that to have working LCD in my setup, it should be 0xd61d65b8 like in my old netDCu14 board.

• Hello,

1. are the bootloader and kernel versions the same on "new" and "old"?

2. you can reset the bootloader settings to factory default by bootloader command "C" - afterward you have to flash the kernel again!

Hope this helps.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• 1. yes, the bootloader was the same, and kernel was different.

so I do:

2. I reset bootloader to factory defaults by command "C" and flash the same kernel as sit on old one.

Now I have same eboot, same kernel, same settings and do not work.

the value is now LCD_SetupGPIOs(EBOOT, 0xd61665b8)

• Hello,

>>same settings and do not work.

<< ok - but i have no idea were does this comes from?

What did you install at all?

Which kernel?

Which bootloder?

PSD?

Display driver setting?

...?

PS: did you confirm "C" case sensitive?

Edited once, last by fs-support_ZU ().

• Hello,

what I did:

upload through USBloader ebootv210_110, and kernel XIPV210_CE6Core_V1.10_150325.

I start system and press shift+s to upload mentioned files by DU command.

Of course I do command C (capital c) and confirm by Y.

I use PrimeView PD064VT4 LCD - driver settings PrimeView PD064VT4, 640x480 Pixel

next I put more vebose mode by enter in ndcucfg:

Code
    1. reg open \drivers\display\lcd\mode100
    2. reg set value type dword 518
    3. reg save
    4. reboot

this all settings works with my old netDCU14 rev.1.20 board. And one more point is that mentioned LCD also works with display mode set 10 with old board.

But with my two new netDCU14 rev.1.22 boards there is only waveing white strips on black screen.

• Hello,

don't think the problem is releated to HW V1.22 it was releasesd in 7/2013 and there are no changes concering LCD! Do you see this problem on more then one HW1.22.

What's about bootloader command XDE? Is it Y or N. Should be N.

• Can you please provide me serial number of a "working" and a "non working" board.

• Hello,

these are exactly the same articles and we installed exactly the same SW. So i have no idea what happens here. Can you please send us the boards as RMA (via your distributor) with a detailed description. We will check RGB interface.

Can you please also write me an email with your connection list and registry.

Thanks.