Wifi Automatic connection WEC 2013 PicoCOMA9X

• Hi Team,

We have purchased from you the kernel with WiFi driver for PicoCOMA9X WEC2013 provided by you.

We connected the USB Wifi device to our device for the first time, configured the connection to our network and the device connected correctly.

With our device turned on, every time the USB device is connected, the WiFi management screen opens and the driver automatically connects to our network (the driver defines it as “preferred”).

But here comes a problem:

if we turn on / power on our device with the USB WiFi device already connected, there is no automatic connection (you need to select the WiFi network from the list and click on “Connect” each time).

We would like it to connect automatically even if the WIFI USB device is already connected before power on.

What could be the problem? How to solve?

Thanks in advance.

• Hello,

the steps you do are not completely clear for my. While plug in the stick in power on state I assume you have also to do the "connect" one time. So I wonder if the "connect" is done automatically after a reboot if you save the registry before.

If this does not work can you give me please more details about the steps you do in power on state?

PS: another way to connect, may be a call of "WlanConnect" from your application.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello.

Thanks for the reply.

Premise:

I configured my WiFi network by turning on the device for the first time (without USB Wifi plugged).
    I connected USB WiFi when the device is already powered on and the driver showed the configuration page of the WiFi network.
    I entered my network password and pressed "connect".
    Successful connection.

I turn off the device, disconnect USB Wifi and restart.
    Device turned on, reconnect USB Wifi, Wifi configuration opens and automatically connects to the network to which I was connected.
    This is perfect.

Problem:
    I turn off device, DO NOT disconnect USB Wifi and restart device.
    Device turned on, the Wifi configuration opens as above, but NO automatic connection occurs.
    It is linked to the power-on with the USB Wifi already connected.

I hope to be proved helpful.

Thank you.

• Hello,

ok it looks like Registry is saved by the driver beween these to steps:

"...

Successful connection.

I turn off the device, disconnect USB Wifi and restart.

..."

If you earase registry you have to repeat this step: "I entered my network password and pressed "connect"."?

Maybe there is a problem when we load to early the client driver. In a first step we should try to load USB driver later so that also the client driver is loaded later.

Please modify Regitry:

reg open \drivers\builtin\hcd_hsh1

reg set value order dword 255

reg save

Does this help?

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.