i.MX8M-Mini Linux Release Y2021.04 (Yocto) build fail issues

• Hello,

I have been working on the yocto new version for MACHINE=fsimx8mm DISTRO=fus-imx-xwayland.

I have made this build before, and it was successful, but I'm not able to access that virtual machine anymore. (with notification: "FATAL, could not read from boot medium")

Now, when I tried making a new build in a new virtual machine, I am getting build errors as such shown in the snipped added. I am not able to figure out what the error is. tried it many times. (building the yocto, fetching fresh) I wish to have a QT application running in the machine in the end.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Saumya Jain

• Hello,

can you please share the complete log file and your local.conf?

Thank you.

Best regards

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

are you trying to build fus-image-qt5 image?

Best regards

Your F&S Support Team

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

I was able to build fus-image-qt5 on fus-imx-wayland DISTRO and don't see any error like yours. Will check it on fus-imx-xwayland and come back to you.

Best regards

Your F&S Support Team

• Hello,

building of fus-image-qt5 image on fus-imx-xwayland DISTRO does work well for me too. I would recommend to build new image without old build state. Please take last VPC version from our download area.

Best regards

Your F&S Support Team

Edited once, last by fs-support_AD ().

• Hello,

I am facing the exactly same problem, same Error string, same Log.

I already tried to build a new image, same result.

Building of fus-image-qt5 image with DISTRO=fus-imx-wayland and MACHINE=fsimx8mm on a newly set up VM (Fedora27 1.4).

Best regards

Mathieu Bourquin

• Hello,

what is your VPC configuration? (RAM, VHD-Size, CPU number)

Best regards

Your F&S Support Team

• Hello,

Can you increase RAM configuration to 8GB and try it again. On my VPC I don't have any problem during build the images.

Best regards

Your F&S Support Team

• Hello,

now I was able to reproduce from you described behavior too. It seems to be that 4GB RAM is not enough to build QT based images. We will correct our default VPC configuartion.

Thank you.

Best regards

Your F&S Support Team