Disabling IPV6

• Hello

I would like to disable the IPV6 on my ArmstoneA5 with windows embedded 7 (kernell XIPVYB_C7E_V3.0_201029)

If I set "EnableDHCPv6"=dword:0 \ under KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Tcpip6\Parms I am still getting an IPV6 address when I do an Ipconfig

I can disable it by sending the following command

"ndisconfig adapter unbind ETHNETA1 tcpip6"

Then the Ipconfig does not show IPV6 address

But after a reboot the IPV6 address is back

How can i disable the IPV6 permanently?

Thanks & regards

Xavier

• Hello,

assume the corresponding Registry setting should be located under the "Protocol Manager" Registry. Unfortunately I did not found any further details about "Protocol Manager" (AFD), I google nearly half an hour:(), see IPv6 Configurable Registry Settings.

Furtermore a "reg save" after disable tcpipv6 via ndisconfig does also not help. So I wonder if we can permanent disable tcpipv6 at all with the current configuration! For example if you disable the complete adapter via ndisconfig and save Registry and reboot the adpter should stay disabled.

Is it possible to disabel tcpipv6 using a small program which calles IOCTL_NDIS_UNBIND_ADAPTER after each system start as a workaround?

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• 2 solutions are working

1. under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\comm\Tcpip6\Parms

set the registry as follow

reg set value EnableDHCPv6 dword 0

reg set value DisabledComponents dword 255

2. disable the ipv6 at startup with a .bat file under FFSDISK\StartUp
    content of the .bat file "ndisconfig adapter unbind ETHNETA1 tcpip6"

• Thank you very much for this information.

Especailly for "1." i did not found it in the www!

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.