• hello,

I deployed an image on iMX8 (emmc) successfully but there was no free space left on flash. So i wanted to erase the flash completely and deploy new image.

After erasing it, I have a problem to deploy new image. I get the following error: "No partition table -mmc 0 ".

Can you please advise me how to solve it.

Thank you.

• Hello,

there always has to be a master boot record available (MBR) at block 0 in the user partition of the eMMC. It is the same for your host PC, where you need to organize your filesystem. For information about it, you can look up the partitioning of MBR and maybe GPT.

If you just want to increase the size for the rootfilesystem, you can do so by increasing BR2_TARGET_ROOTFS_EXT2_SIZE. Building the standard configuration in Buildroot should generate a binary called "sdcard.img". This image contains the MBR, the FAT partition with kernel and device tree and the EXT2 partition of the rootfilesystem. You can write this image to block 0 of the user partition to deploy every image you build with Buildroot.

In the following post I explained the basic commands when writing to the eMMC:

Build Image error

Your F&S support team

• Hello,

Thank you for information but it didn't help me.

as I said there is no partition table on eMMc and I couldn't find any information in PDF files how to make new partition.

It is not possible to deploy new image too because of this problem. please check the following commands:

• Hello,

please load the sdcard.img to the loadaddr with a command like "tftp sdcard.img".

Afterwards you can execute the following commands:

Code
    1. => mmc dev 0
    2. switch to partitions #0, OK
    3. mmc0(part 0) is current device
    4. => mmc write $loadaddr 0x0 0x8e120

This should restore the partition table on block 0.

Your F&S support team

• Hello,

Thank you. It solved the partition problem.

As you suggested to increase the rootfilesystem size, I increased size of BR2_TARGET_ROOTFS_EXT2_SIZE. Originally it was 250000, I changed it to 350000 for test (exact size=358400000) and saved it to emmc with following command:

"mmc write $loadaddr 0x14000 0xAAE60"

I get panic error by booting as follow:

Can you please tell me how can I solve it.

Thanks.