Information about EFUSA9Xr2

• Dear Support Team,

We are about to order new quantities of EFUSA9X-V2-W13. Can you please tell me what is the difference in hardware and software between EFUSA9Xr2-V2-W13 and EFUSA9X-V2-W13?

I understand that you have introduced r2 because of Ethernet PHY supply issues. From our point of view, I expect modifications in BSP which would support new hardware. Am I right? Would we be able to support EFUSA9X and EFUSA9Xr2 with the same firmware?

Best regards,

Vladimir

• Dear mbazdar,

you need at least new binary of Ethernet driver (which you can integrate into older standard kernel or BSP).

But i recommend to use future EBoot, kernel, BSP which are designed for automatically detect new board type efusA9Xr2. We start implemetation as soon we have the new efusA9r2 on our desk.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Dear Vladimir,

>> Can you please tell me when do you expect to have EFUSA9Xr2-V2-W13 available for buyers

<< Best would be to contact our sales office for order samples and talk about delivery date. SW should not be a big issue we have the same PHY already in use on efusA9r2.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

Edited once, last by fs-support_ZU ().

• Dear Vladimir,

we put new BSP which supports also efusA9xr2 into the download. Please test and let us know if everything works fine on your side.

I put also new "kernel update tool" into your custom downlaod. Here (new introduced) FCR driver is terminated before the update. FCR does dynamically check the Flash for consistency.

• Dear Support Team,

I have finally received efusA9XR2 samples and started playing with the BSP you have provided. Currently, I am facing two issues (which obviously were not present on efusA9X):

1) My registry modifications are not permanent, ie. they are lost after reboot. This is the major issue. My registry is hive based and system.hv is located in the root of NANDFlash.

2) SD card is not plug&play: if you remove it, it is still shown in the system, but normally, you cannot access access files on it. If you reinsert the card, nothing happens. You have to reboot the device in order to make it work again. This issue is minor one for now.

Best regards,

Vladimir

• Dear Vladimir,

thanks for this information. I will check it asp.

Differencies between Flash- and SD drivers on efusA9XR2 and efusA9X are marginal and our standard image works on efusA9XR2. So I assume it may be a configuration issue while the BSP creation.

• Dear Support Team,

Concerning persistent registry issue, I have noticed that if I make change in registry and call "reg save" from ndcucfg, then my modification is persisted after reboot. How do I enable auto reg flush feature? Maybe with this setting:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init\BootVars]

"RegistryFlags"=dword:1

Best regards,

Vladimir

• I have made the following modification in my OSDesign.reg:

; HIVE BOOT SECTION

"SYSTEMHIVE"="\\Registry\\system.hv"

"PROFILEDIR"="\\Registry"

"Flags"=dword:3

"DefaultUser"="User"

"RegistryFlags"=dword:1

; END HIVE BOOT SECTION

And I got back persistent registry feature. Please tell me if these are safe and correct settings and why did I have to use them.

Best regards,

Vladimir

• Hello,

thanks for this information.

Flash:

I don't know anything a "auto reg flush feature" but I would not use it at all.

Keep two things in mind, write cycles to Flash are limited and using FAT, power off while writing may demage the FAT. So I would prefer explicite call of "reg save" (which implicite calls OS function RegFlushKey()).

SD:

which SD Card you are talking about? Can you give me the pins or index in Registry.

PS: do delete your [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init\BootVars] in OSDesign.reg and use default. This is safe.

Else msdn is your friend.

Edited once, last by fs-support_ZU ().

• Dear Support Team,

For registry:

Term "auto reg flush feature" is probably wrong. I have found the following information in WEC7 documentation:

Flush-On-Close Registry Flush

The Windows Embedded Compact OS run-time image can be confi gured to fl ush the registry

automatically by setting the following registry:

“RegistryFlags”=dword:1

Flush-on-close is also referred to as Aggressive Flushing in some documentation for the earlier

version of Windows Embedded Compact. When this feature is enabled, it can cause performance

degradation.

This is what I did for efusA9XR2 to get the same behaviour as on efusA9X (since we did not use explicit RegFlushKey() on efusA9X either and registry persisted). I wonder why did I have to do this for efusA9XR2. It seems to me that Flush-On-Close feature is not dangerous, since our registry modifications are rather rare. Anyway, we had no issues on efusA9X regarding FAT by now.

For SD:

Pins that we use for SD match SD_B port on efus.

Best regards,

Vladimir

• >> This is what I did for efusA9XR2 to get the same behaviour as on efusA9X (since we did not use explicit RegFlushKey() on efusA9X either and registry persisted).

<< I can't believe this. The only difference between A9X and A9XR2 is the Ethernet phy!

And bit 1 is set. Flags it a evaluated bit wise and 3=1|2.

PS: Sorry you said RegistryFlags I thought about Flags. Nevertheless there are no differencies between A9A and A9XR2 and I would use RegFlushKey.

Edited 5 times, last by fs-support_ZU ().

• Hello,

<< I can't believe this. The only difference between A9X and A9XR2 is the Ethernet phy!

Yes, I believe you, the only difference in hardware, but for software, I am not sure. Anyway, I have found the workaround, and I will definitely consider your suggestion as well.

Concerning SD card issue, please forget it. It turned out to be hardware fault. I have tried it on a different device and SD card plug&play works as expected.

Best regards,

Vladimir

• Hello,

ok, thanks for the update.

>> ... but for software ...

<< It should not related to the BSP. Assume if you use same catalog and project settings as for A9X it should behave in the same way on A9XR2.

• >> It should not related to the BSP. Assume if you use same catalog and project settings as for A9X it should behave in the same way on A9XR2.

That is what I expected as well. I suppose it is related to some configuration setting, but what, where, I don't know. I have used BSP that you provided, but I have kept catalog (FSiMX6SX.pbxml) and project settings from efusA9X project.