Tasklisting and terminating via console/Telnet

• I found it quite annoying there is no such program supplied with CE so I wrote it.

You can use it to display running tasks or kill them, via console or Telnet. It is an EVC project and was tested on NetDCU8 with CE 5.0: It shows the use of "CreateToolhelp32Snapshot" etc.

• The set of WinCE Remote Tools already contains the "Remote Process Viewer". By starting this tool on your PC, you can view all processes and threads running on your board and you can also kill the processes. I guess most people will use this tool.

The Remote Tools are installed with Embedded Visual C++ (Menu Tools inside the program) or with Visual Studio (Program -> Visual tudio 2005 -> Remote Tools).

However you are right, there is no such tool to be run on the NetDCU itself. Therefore thanks for providing this program.

Regards,

H. Keller

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• We are very happy about your tool. It demonstrates usage of toolhelp in own applications.
    A similar tool is already in the kernel.
    Start "shell -c" and you have a command line tool to start/kill processes and to get a lot of informations.
    Thanks again.
    Holger

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello

Is there a possibility to kill or close a running process only by knowing the DEVICE IP and the PROGRAM NAME via ethernet?
    I do not want to use no active sync for this. Something like this ....
    shell -c
    s "PROGRAM NAME"
    ....when I like to start a program
    It should be done by a batchfile or a script like Python started from the desktop PC. Or I could do programmatically If I only knew how.

What I want to do is to download a remote directory tree from NETDCU8 (FTP server is running on the NETDCU8).
    This works fine so far, only some files are skipped because they are still used/shared by some Processes that are still running.
    So I would like to stop these processes remotely and then be able to download all my files from NETDCU8 ftp server because they are free after closing.

Thanks for any idea.

• use Windows CE Shell with:

Code
    1. shell -c

and command to list all running processes:

Code
    1. gi proc

the kill process with (where XX is the processnumber):

Code
    1. kp XX

See here:

• No that´s not exactly what I needed. I need to close it by application name not by PID.
    So the Behrenbeck tool was better for me.
    By the way, I modified it a bit so that it first tries to close application by Sending a WM_CLOSE and only if it fails it starts to "kill".
    This better a way because some of my programms didn´t stop just by gigve them the TerminateProcess() method.
    With sending WM_CLOSE to the Windows and some extra timing things were going better. If one wants to see the extra code it just give me a sign.
    But in internet you will also find s.t. similar, too.