• Hi,

this feature must be acivated by the driver and is currently not implemented under WEC!

How urgent do you need it? Do you have already a LVDS HW?

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

We just recently decided on our new LVDS HW, it will use 5V.

If possible we would like to have this powered over the LVDS connector, it would make the cable management easier.

It would be nice to have it as fast as possible (At least by the end of the month), in order for us to order the right cables and verify if it works.

• Ok, i will try to implement it in the next ten working days and will come back here.

Else please trigger me again;)

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

you will find XIPIMX6_C8E_V3.7_BETA_231018 in the common FSIMX6 download area, please test.

For activate 5V for LVDS on efusA9 or efusA9R2 you have to modify your Registry value type as follow:

newtype = currenttype | 0x0010.

Sample:

current value type is 0x4006

new value type is 0x4016.

PS: we will release the V3.7 including all Windows Embedded Compact Updates in approx. two weeks.

• Hello,

ah ok, I saw you have a custom kernel but with another company name as outlined here.

Yes I will add it into your custom kernel asp and will come back here.

• Hello,

you can download the new kernel from your custom download area.

Please rocognize the history file too if any questions please come back.

PS: your kernel verision is very old (refer change log). Maybe we should think about an update. But then you have to verify your application with the new image.

• This Kernel works also for 5V.

Just a remark I had: it starts up at 3.3V and only after a few seconds it switches to 5V, not showing the custom bootscreen (which is not a big problem).

I also noted the dvfc change in the history log, this is fine.

I don't feel like updating the kernel is a priority for us now, but I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Thanks for the help!

• Hello,

nice that it works.

For got boot screen working with 5V too you have to create a new PSD file.

1. disable boot screen in EBoot by enter: XDE ...

2. write current display settings (containing the 5V-type-bit set) to PSD, by using ndcucfg command "boot display on"

3. enable bootscreen in EBoot again by enter: XDE ...

4. now you have also 5V enabled for boot screen too

5. to create new PSD file use ndcucfg command "psd read <mynewpsd>.bin". Copy this file to your host and flash it as usual.

Hope this helps.

PS: sorry, for sure you need the future EBoot which contains the feature above too. It will be included into Eboot V2.8.

Edited once, last by fs-support_ZU ().