• If this Fedora 27 machine is an F&S development machine, then the tftp server should be enabled already. If you are trying to set up your own Fedora machine, then there is a Document Advices for Linux on PC.pdf that explains the steps to configure tftp. The document is actually quite outdated, but the basic principles should still be the same. Maybe the dialogs look slightly different. In Fedora 27, The package manager is now dnfdragora, not yum-extender anymore.

Please note that PicoCOM4 is out of support and that you can not buy any new boards for Linux anymore.

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Not exactly. The PicoCOM4 U-Boot was rather inflexible when changing the NAND flash type. I assume that we use a replacement flash type in the meantime that is not compatible anymore with the old code in U-Boot.The rather new NBoot implies that there were some changes in the past, which are typically caused by such replacements. But Linux for PicoCOM4 was not updated for many many years, so there is no new code for this new flash type.

What is your goal with all this effort?

Your F&S Support Team

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• I'm learning about the projects my company has worked on in the past because I recently started working, but they use Windows, so I'm attempting to work with Linux more like a switch from Windows to Linux and give it a go while I wait for the Armstone MX8MP starter kit to arrive.

Just let me know if I can switch from Windows to Linux.

• I did some more research. It's as I said. The 64MB flash that was used on PicoCOM4 at the beginning was EOL. So we replaced it with a 128MB flash. The problem is that the original flash used 512 bytes pages, and the new flash has 2048 bytes pages. This requires modifications in the bootloaders and also the OS. For Windows, we did these changes (in NBoot, EBoot and Windows itself), but we never did these changes in U-Boot and Linux. So it looks like that the unmodified old Linux will not run correctly on this new PicoCOM4 version with 128MB NAND flash. I'm sorry.

On the other hand, PicoCOM4 was one of our first Linux attempts where everything was still rather uncomfortable. You might have been disappointed. So maybe it's better to use a more recent system anyway, where everything is running more smoothly. armStoneMX8MP is definitely suited for that.

Your F&S Support Team