Frozen display - Touch blocked/disabled

• Hello,

I have a problem that is being reported more and more frequently by customers. The display seems to freeze occasionally.

At least that's how it looks. At first I thought it was my program because it runs smoothly from start (autostart)

until suddenly not a single press on the touch panel is accepted. It looks like everything is frozen.

This sometimes happens during operation and sometimes immediately after starting the display. In this case the main program runs

normally up, but can no longer be used.

Yesterday, however, when I had to restart the display several times while testing, it happened to me while a program did not start automatically

the display also stopped responding. The operating system is booted, the display is blue with the taskbar at the bottom,

but nothing can be operated - touch doesn't respond. It also looks like everything is frozen.

However, I was able to log in via telnet and see that everything was working. Ethernet, CAN, RS232 etc.

I started the main program and everything was visible on the display, but it couldn't be operated. But it reacted to CAN, Ethernet and RS232.

Now I'm guessing it's a problem with the touch driver or something similar.

Unfortunately, the problem occurs very rarely and is very difficult to reproduce.

Touch is teached correctly by 5 points and works well usually.

I would be happy if you could help me with this in some way.

Extract from the registry:

Thank you.

Best regards, Andy

• Hello,

which kernel version do you use?

AIN-, Touch- and Audio driver are driven via AC97 driver. We detect some issue here and improve AC97 driver in kernel V3.5 and V3.6. Since this time all issues seems to be resolved. We test touch driver over several thousand reboots without failure.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

at the moment I'm using Kernel Version 2.9

Code
    1. NetDCUA9 V2.90 - Firmware Init
    2. Copyright (c) 2013 F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    3. Build: Sep 29 2020/10:11:48

I thought this is the latest one. But now I see, the latest is V3.8, so I will try this one.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards, Andy

• Ok, please come back if any isses. But I am quiet sure it works now.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.