Unable to build u-boot for PicoCore™MX8MM

• Hello,

I am currently in the process of building a Yocto based Linux image + kernel + u-boot for the PicoCore™MX8MM.

Unfortunately building u-boot fails with the following output:

Code
    1. test -e arch/arm/dts/picocoremx8mm-lpddr4.dtb || ( \
    2. | echo >&2; \
    3. | echo >&2 "Device Tree Source (arch/arm/dts/picocoremx8mm-lpddr4.dtb) is not correctly specified."; \
    4. | echo >&2 "Please define 'CONFIG_DEFAULT_DEVICE_TREE'"; \
    5. | echo >&2 "or build with 'DEVICE_TREE=<device_tree>' argument"; \
    6. | echo >&2; \

I use kas on top of yocto to build everything.
    All my layers use the latest kirkstone commit of their repository.

For meta-fus I use the "fsimx8mm-Y2023.10" tag (hash: ba36ddfb63e8f643d4eba637aa745fce8f6d175f).

machine = fsimx8mm

distro = custom_distro

target = custom_image

In my "u-boot-fus.bbappend" I tell yocto to use the "fsimx8mm-Y2023.11" tag from the u-boot-fus repo.

Code: u-boot-fus.bbappend
    1. COMPATIBLE_MACHINE:fsimx8mm = '(fsimx8mm)'
    2. BBRANCH = "master"
    3. SRC_URI = "git://github.com/FSEmbedded/u-boot-fus.git;protocol=https;branch=${BBRANCH};"
    4. SRCREV = "101454c9c1bff5917d3f1f3f534cab9a06a9abb4"

As stated at the beginning, yocto fails to build u-boot, saying that the device tree is not correctly specified.

But looking at the u-boot sources, I see that in "fsimx8mm_defconfig" the "CONFIG_DEFAULT_DEVICE_TREE" is set to "picocoremx8mm-lpddr4", which seems correct. The corresponding device tree source "picocoremx8mm-lpddr4.dts" is also in the right place and also mentioned in the Makefile.

So currently I don't really know what to do with this error message.

Is this a configuration issue on my side or is there something wrong in the u-boot-fus repository?

Thanks and best regards,
    Stefan

• Also, could you check if the file
    work/fsimx8mm-poky-linux/u-boot-fus/+gitAUTOINC+101454c9c1-r0/build/arch/arm/dts/picocoremx8mm-lpddr4.dtb

exists?

And tell me the output of

cat work/fsimx8mm-poky-linux/u-boot-fus/+gitAUTOINC+101454c9c1-r0/build/.config | grep CONFIG_DEFAULT_DEVICE_TREE

Your F&S Support Team

• Are you using the F&S Development Machine?

and if not, could you make sure, that the crc32 tool is installed on your machine?

Also, could you add

include conf/distro/include/fus-common.inc

to your distro .conf?

Please try to build the U-Boot again with these changes.

Your F&S Support Team