know the board model from uboot

• Hello,

Is it possible to know the board and revision from the uboot? It is because my yocto must work in several revisions and each one requires a different dtb. The variable board_name does not exist in this uboot.

U-Boot 2018.03 (Sep 21 2022 - 16:43:03 +0000) for F&S

CPU: Freescale i.MX6Q rev1.3, 996 MHz (running at 792 MHz)

CPU: Extended Commercial temperature grade (-20C to 105C)

Reset: WDOG

Board: armStoneA9 Rev 1.10 (LAN, 4x DRAM)

I2C: ready

DRAM: 1 GiB

NAND: 256 MiB

MMC: FSL_SDHC: 0

Loading Environment from NAND... OK

In: serial

Out: serial

Err: serial

Net: FEC [PRIME]

Normal Boot

• alfred

Changed the title of the thread from “known board from uboot” to “know the board model from uboot”.
  • The board name is available in variable $platform in U-Boot. See chapter 5.6.2 in the Linux-on-F&S-Boards documentation:

https://www.fs-net.de/filelice…fileid=11938&locale=en_US

There is even the variable $bootfdt that typically holds the name oft the right device tree to load.

Unfortunately the board revision is not available in U-Boot as a variable. It is known internally, but we do not set a variable with it. In Linux, it is available under /sys/bdinfo/board_revision. So either you can try to stay with one device tree and make the differences later in Linux, or you have to manually set an according variable in U-Boot when you install the board. For example directly set variable boardfdt to the right device tree name, depending on which board revision you are on.

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.