installing some apps on netDCU6

• hello,

i have a few newbi questions.
    by now iam developing some application on the netDCU6.
    i adapted the registry display, comm an some more settings by my self using the serial configuration tool. i load the app in the netdcu using evc++.
    but that procedure is not really apropriate for production?!
    so my question is how can i automatically install my application and do the required settings and what connections/connectors i have to spend for programming purposes in production.

thanks
    andreas

• Hello,

for application installation
    - you can create a cabinet file (using e.g. the "WinCE Cab Manager" from http://www.ocpsoftware.com.
    - you can run a batchfile (for copy files and run "ndcucfg" in batchmode).
    In both cases you start installation remotly or local controlled.

We also offer a script controlled tool which performs installation/update automatically (via SD- or USB memory). In case of interest contact <!-- e --><a href="mailto:sales@fs-net.de">sales@fs-net.de</a><!-- e --> for detailed information.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Here's a little bit more information about this last point. When using our update tool, you just insert a specially prepared USB memory stick (or SD-card where available) into the NetDCU and then the system automatically copies the files from the memory stick to the board. That's all you have to do to install the software. I would say this is perfectly suited for production.

As the name suggests, this tool is also useful when doing updates in the field. In this case the system also creates backups of the old software. So if something goes wrong during the update process, the old files are restored and the previous version can be used again, like before the update attempt. This is so easy that you can even send the memory stick by mail and let some user do the update. It is not necessary to bring some service technician to the site where the device is located.

Regards,

H. Keller

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.