Dear support Team
I've some problems with debugging my application on the ArmStone board running Windows CE6.
First of all let me just describe my infrastructure:
- I have your armStone board running Windows CE6
- I have a PC running Windows 7 x64. On this machine a VirtualBox is running Windows XP with SP3.
- On the Windows XP I have both installed Visual Studio 2005 with SP1 and Visual Studio 2008 with SP1.
- I now have compiled our application on Visual Studio 2008 against our own Platform for ArmV4i
- After that I copied the executables CMAccept.exe, ConmanClient2.exe and all needed dlls to the armStone.
- I started the CMAccept.exe and the ConmanClient2.exe to get a remote connection to my Visual Studio debugger.
- In the Visual Studio I connected to the armStone device.
- After that I deployed all needed parts of our software to the armStone device.
- Now our applications starts up and everything went well so far.
Now here is my problem. I want to debug our application via ConmanClient2.exe, but no breakpoints are available. The message of the unavailable breakpoint is: "The Breakpoint will not currently be hit. No executable code is currently load at this location".
This is very strange, because the application was compiled in Debug mode and the Modules window of the Visual Studio says that all Symbols are loaded. Do you know any solution for my problem?
I have a clue that it is not possible to get any Breakpoints because the CMAccept.exe and the ConmanClient2.exe are not for ARM7. They are located under C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicrosoftShared\CoreCon\1.0\Target\wce400\armv4 (or armv4i). Unfortunatelly there is no armv7 folder.
Do you know what's going wrong with my breakpoint?