Ethernet communication problems

• This may be related to my earlier post concerning MAC addresses for ETHNETA and B. As it is now I can't connect to my PicoComA5 using Ethernet. It doesn't matter if i use DHCP (which fails with an error message) or assign static IP addresses.

Pinging the PicoCom from my PC doesn't work, pinging from the PicoCom to my PC or the Internet (using IP addresses so no DNS) doesn't work. The former (PC to Pico) gives timeout, the latter gives the 11010 error, whatever that means.

The MAC for the ETHNETA is 55:50:code:00 and for B 55:50:code:01 although I have specified them differently in the boot loader (using the 00:05:51 form).
    The green LED is active on both connectors so cables etc seem to be in order.

Debug output

ENET: RegQueryValueEx dwIndex :1
    ENET: Version 01.01, ActiveKey = Comm\ETHNETB

and then (coming so fast I can't see rest of boot debug)

ENET: +ENETCheckForHang
    ENET: -ENETCheckForHang
    ENET: ENETQueryInformation

lots of them

But no Ethernet :-(

• Hello,

the latter gives the 11010 error, whatever that means

WSA_QOS_ADMISSION_FAILURE, seems to be a timeout too, in your case!

The MAC for the ETHNETA is 55:50:code:00 and for B 55:50:code:01

Why do you modifiy the MAC? You cannot modify the highest eight bytes arbitrarily (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address).
    Please respecify the MACs to 000551<label code> and 000551<1+label code>.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• So seems to be a MAC address problem. But I haven't modified the MACs, the values 55:50:code:00 and for 55:50:code:01 is what they had as default and what they still have although I tried to use N in the boot loader to give them 00:05:51 values.

And what does 000551<1+label code> mean? If the first value in the label code is 08, does that mean that I should enter 09 instead?

• I just tried to change the value of ETHNETA1\Parms\NetworkAddress in the registry from the 55-50-code-00 format to the 00-05-51-code format but after 'reg save' and reboot the values are back to the 55-50 style, i.e. the changes are not saved or something overwrites my changes.

This is what happened when I tried to change the MACs through N in the boot loader as well, i.e. the changes were not saved.

And what does 000551<1+label code> mean? If the first value in the label code is 08, does that mean that I should enter 09 instead?

No, add one to the label code value, e.g. label code is xxx2af this results for second MAC: 1+xxx2af=xxx2b0 -> 000551xxx2b0 while first MAC is 000551xxx2af.

Command "N" set Ethernet Bootloader MAC not MAC for WCE! Use instead the hidden bootloader command "XOM". Enter the first MAC 000551<lable code> the second one ist set automatically.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.