• Dear Support Staff

I am currently setting up my armStoneA9 system by going through your First Steps document.

- using Fedora 20 (32/64 bit versions) as a virtual Linux PC
    - toolchain gcc 4.4.4

1. Can I use Fedora 20 with this toolchain?
    2. Can I use a newer toolchain (4.7.2) with this board?
    3. When I compile U-BOOT (chapter 10, first steps), the make command can't find gcc, even though I set the environment vars as specified.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Best regards, Patrick

Am I missing something, nobody home, wrong approach or simply bad Service?

You post under WCE!I moved your post.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

Edited once, last by fs-support_ZU ().

• Sorry, this one went through because it was posted in the wrong section of the forum first.

You can use any Linux you want. Currently (when using release fsimx6-V2.0) we have some issues with GCC 5.x, so if your Linux uses such a GCC, prepare for some minor trouble. This is for example the case with Fedora 22. But Fedora 21 ist still OK.

The imxlib can be downloaded from other sources. Actually we have included the file in fsimx6-V2.0 in the dl directory, so you don't need to download it at all from a different source. Just put this file in the dl directory of your buildroot tree and continue compilation with make.

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.