armStoneA9 - WEC7 - UARTs - cannot comunicate

• Hello,
    I cannot communicate on the COM ports beyond the console UART (which on the platform A9 Quadcore with WEC7 I discovered is named COM2).
    I can correcty send and receive on the COM2 (once the dubug is disabled and the NDCUcfg has gone in time out or disabled as well) but with the other available port COM1 i can just open it and send data with no software error but no signal is seen on the 3 physical UARTs.
    Checking the registry I can see just 2 UARTs driver installed as below:

in HKLM\Drivers\Builtin\COM1 :
    Devicearrayindex 0
    IoBase 33685504
    IoLen 212
    Prefix COM
    Dll csp_serial.dll
    Index 1
    Order 2

in HKLM\Drivers\Builtin\COM2 :
    Devicearrayindex 0
    IoBase 35553280
    IoLen 212
    Prefix COM
    Dll csp_serial.dll
    Index 2
    Order 4

I could enumerate via software the available COM and in fact I can open COM1, COM2 and COM9 (emulated serial port over TCP/IP ? ).

So this is I think the current mapping:

COM1 on pin 36 e 38 (RS-232 voltage levels) OR 13 and 15 (TTL )
    COM2 on pin 55 e 57 (RS-232 voltage levels) (Debug port)
    COM9 emulated UART (TCP/IP or USB ?)

In particular I need to use the 3.3V level UART (pin 13 and 15 on the 66 Pin Feature Connector)

Since on the Freescale chip manual ( I have on the SKD boart the iMX6Q6AVT10A0) I could find the 3rd UART base address I tryed to add the missing COM3 UART in the registry :

in HKLM\Drivers\Builtin\COM3 :
    Devicearrayindex 0
    IoBase 35569664
    IoLen 212
    Prefix COM
    Dll csp_serial.dll
    Index 2
    Order 4

But even on this new COM3 I can just open it and try to send data but no signal can be see on any physical ports.

Since on the iMX6Q6AVT10A0 the UARTs available are 5 and I have no clue on which of them are routed to the Feature Connector I gave up to guess any further.

I use VS2008 and C#, I just updated nboot, eboot and kernel to the last version available of July 2014 as suggested by FAE at Brelco (Italy)
    Thank you for your help,
    Edgardo

• I will try it and tell you what wrong with it.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• There is a bug in Serial Port Driver and will be resolved in next release.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hi,

I seem to have the same problem. COM1: till COM3: are defined with the configuration as in the first post of this thread (although with my config COM1: and COM2: are swapped) but not able to communicate with COM2: I can communicate with COM1: (debug port though).

I'm using the kernel released Mar 2015. Can you confirm this bug is resolved in this release? Or is this still considered as a bug?

Thank you for your response,

Regards,

Didier Guillemyn.

• Hello,

we have several images built in march 2015! Which image do you talk about (version/date)? Details about each version you will find in the changelog file (kernels download area). Seems the "COM2:" bug was resolved in V1.30 (150316).

Nevertheless i would not use such an old image while impleminting new features in an application. So i please you to update to the latest image(/bootloaders).