Can you extract the correct display settings from the attached datasheet?
Still no success. Since the QBLissA9 only supports LVDS, which converter for LVDS-to-RGB (CMOS) do you suggest?
Currently I am using a DS90CF364 of Texas Instruments, but I can't get is to work properly.
I compared some signals with a working display connected to a NetDCU8. What stands out is that the output of the DS90CF364 seems to be inverted compared to the NetDCU8 output (see the attached pictures of the Vsync signal).
Do you know if this is software or should I look into the hardware, in this case probably the DS90CF364?
You may try to rotate the signals in SW. Display drivers "config" stetting can control the polarity of control and data lines, refer documentaion for display driver settings (e.g. http://www.fs-net.de/assets/do…BRID_DeviceDriver_eng.pdf).
It works when LCD_VSP, LCD_HSP, and LCD_CLKP are inverted.
Next question is: How to get the backlight control to work?
Based on the debug output information it seems that the backlight doesn't initialise correctly.Code
- LCD: Version 0.1, ActiveKey = Drivers\Display\LCD
- LCD: Read registry settings from Drivers\Display\LCD
- LCD: LCD_HWInit(512, 2, 256, 300)
- LCD_HWInit: BoardType=0x3
- LCD: Config=0x0 LCDOut=0x0
- LCD: OutConfig: 18 BIT
- LCD: ASTADPEDT1.dll - Init failed
- LCD: Could not intialize external PWM device AstADPEP1 (LE:2)
- LCD: LCD_SetupGPIOs(EBOOT, 0xd626c644)
- LCD: MSignal: TOGGLE
- LCD: HVSignal: TOGGLE
- LCD: Display-Mode 100, Name Kyocera TCG057VG
- LCD: PowerHandler=ON (Mode=0x0)
- LCD_EnablePWM: TRUE
- LCD: GetLCDcontrast: ControlPanel\Keybd returns 0x0
- LCD: GetLCDcontrast: ModeContrast=0x7ff, RegContrast=0x0
- LCD: LCD_SetVEEFreq(300)
- LCD : dwContrastFreq =300Hz
- LCD : l_dwContrastPWMSteps = 4095
- LCD: SetContrast: new=0x0 old=0xffffffff
- LCD_EnablePWM: TRUE
- Backlight mode can't be read from registry. Defaulting it to enabled state
- LCD: DispDrvrFS_BacklightControl ON
- LCD: SetContrast: new=0x0 old=0x0
The output LBKLT_CTRL/CFL PWM on the starter kit doesn't output a pulse width modulated signal, it seems to be stuck to logic high (+3.3V).
What can I do to get de PWM output to work?
sorry PWM for LVDS is not implemeted at the time. We are working on it and will implement it asp into future kernel.
Is there already a date for that release?
It seems that the backlight on/off commands don't work either, does the same story apply to this?
Yes, it is the same with the backlight.
We assume next release will be avail. at KW41/2014.
One more question about the display settings. As you can see in the attached pictures the new line starts at the wrong place (around 320 pixels). I can't seem to find out what the problem is, do you have any suggestions?
Do you already have a solution to the question above?
Mean while I updated the system with the new V0.80 kernel but I still can not control the backlight. Is it still not implemented?
It seems the BFW value in you display mode are not correct. Please try to in-/decrement this value.
The backlight control will be available from version 0.90.
If the BFW value is incremented or decremented the complete picture is shifted up or down, i.e. including the glitch half way the line trace.
Is there already an release date for version 0.90? The roadmap shows that is should have been released already.
Kernel for 0.90 is not released. I hope you can download new kernel at beginning of next week.
I recently installed version 0.90 of the kernel, now the PWM backlight dimming is finally working. The 'backlight on/off' function is still not working.
After executing the 'display power off' through the NetDCU Config Utility the module seems to freeze and the Telnet session is terminated. The debug information is as follows:Code
- Warning: you are requesting IOCTL_HAL_GET_DEVICE_INFO::SPI_GETPLATFORMTYPE, which has been deprecated. Use IOCTL_HAL_GET_DEVICE_INFO::SPI_GETPLATFORMNAME instead.
- NDCUCFG V 55 started. Platform: QBlissA9
- LCD: PowerHandler=OFF
- LCD_EnablePWM: FALSE
- MPSetPowerLow- Power State Changed; Disabling HW MPSetPowerLow- HW Disabled
De commands 'display power on', 'backlight on', and 'backlight off' all return 'OK' but nothing happens. Is there an explanation for this behaviour?
The commands "backlight off" and "backlight on" are not implemented in the current version.
Please take a look at the roadmap for our iMX6 kernel.
We have also checked command "display power on" and "display power off". Both commands are not working correctly.
Please take a look at the roadmap for our iMX6 kernel too.
Our apologies about this problems.