Crash while using WriteFile()

• Hello together,

do you know if there is a problem with the WriteFile() to serial interface (COM2:) method?
    Used kernel: Build date 15 May 2014

I have following problem:
    When I use this method extensively, sometimes my complete board freezes because the WriteFile() method does not return any more - it still hangs. Sometimes this happens after a few minutes, sometimes after some hours and sometimes not on a day.

Now I have tested this with a timer all 20ms sending a string of approx. 30 chars to COM2: and after max. 30min the board freezes - most times much earlier.

At the moment I'm testing it on an older NetDCU6 board and for the moment it looks ok. I will report if there are some changes.

Best regards, Kaiser

• Hello,

i assume it is a bug in the CPU refer E91 (UART: TX Interrupt can be missed when running full duplex) in
    http://www.marvell.com/applica…s/pxa_27x_spec_update.pdf

I will try to provide you a (CF2) kernel with the workaround within today.

PS. just put the file into the BETA folder. Please keep me informed about yout test results. Thanks.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

Edited 2 times, last by fs-support_ZU ().

• Hello, any news?
    I am quite sure the problem is resolved now!

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

Software works fine now. All customers report no problems any more. Thank you.
    Just one question. Could you create the same version with a different date on desktop / in debug of bootloader?
    At the moment I can't distinguish between old and this beta.
    Thanks a lot.

Best regards, Kaiser

• Hello, sorry for the delay.

I just download new kernel. please do quich recheck. Thanks.