Multiple displays

• Dear Support-Team,

is it possible to drive 2 displays (1xLVDS and 1xRGB) on the efus (solo)?
    If yes, how do I have to set the kernel command line?

If I use:
    video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LCD-G150XG01,if=RGB32
    it's working with one LVDS display on fb0.

If I use:
    video=mxcfb1:dev=lcd,LCD-EDTQ57,if=RGB16
    it's working with one RGB display on fb2.

But how do I set both displays?
    video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LCD-G150XG01,if=RGB32,mxcfb1:dev=lcd,LCD-EDTQ57,if=RGB16
    none of the displays is working.

Thanks for any hints.

• Just add the video option twice on the command line. The easiest way to do this is by setting the extra environment variable in U-Boot which is automatically appended at the end of the command line.

Code
    1. setenv extra video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LCD-G150XG01,if=RGB32 video=mxcfb1:dev=lcd,LCD-EDTQ57,if=RGB16
    2. saveenv

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Dear Support Team,

I have to come back to this issue because in V2.1 I cannot get LVDS and RGB-TTL working at the same time or better I cannot get any display working on /dev/fb1.

Here some examples:

Code
    1. video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LCD-G150XG01,bpp=32,if=RGB24 video=mxcfb1:dev=lcd,LCD-EDTV57,bpp=16,if=RGB16

display on FB0 ist working (LVDS) - display on FB1 is not working (RGB-TTL) and /sys/class/graphics/fb1/modes is still set to standard U:240x320p-60

Code
    1. video=mxcfb0:dev=lcd,LCD-EDTV57,bpp=16,if=RGB16 video=mxcfb1:dev=ldb,LCD-G150XG01,bpp=32,if=RGB24

display on FB0 ist working (RGB-TTL) - display on FB1 is not working (LVDS) and /sys/class/graphics/fb1/modes is still set to standard U:240x320p-60

Code
    1. video=mxcfb0:dev=lcd,LCD-EDTV57,bpp=16,if=RGB16

display on FB0 ist working (RGB-TTL)

Code
    1. video=mxcfb0:dev=lcd,LCD-EDTV57,bpp=16,if=RGB16

display on FB1 is not working (RGB-TTL) and /sys/class/graphics/fb1/modes is still set to standard U:240x320p-60

Thanks for any hint.

• Hello,

rgb lcd must be first display (disp0) device mxcfb0 in your settings, because rgb lcd is hardwired to display 0 signals. You can see it e.g. in reference card for efusA9 (https://www.fs-net.de/assets/d…PIO-ReferenceCard_eng.pdf) Furthermore if mxcfb0 is a first user of the IPU so it will get an overlay. It will create fb0 (main framebuffer) and fb1 (overlay). mxcfb1 is the second user of IPU so it get no overlay and create only fb2 (main framebuffer).

In your case the settings

Code
    1. video=mxcfb0:dev=lcd,LCD-EDTV57,bpp=16,if=RGB16 video=mxcfb1:dev=ldb,LCD-G150XG01,bpp=32,if=RGB24

must be correct. Framebuffer in this case are:
    - rgb lcd fb0 mainframebuffer and fb1 overlay
    - lvds has only mainframebuffer fb2

Hope that helps.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• display on FB1 is not working (RGB-TTL) and /sys/class/graphics/fb1/modes is still set to standard U:240x320p-60

It is important to understand, that mxcfb0 and mxcfb1 are *not* the references to the Framebuffers. They are the references to the display instances. Each display instance will create at least one framebuffer, but sometimes also a second one. On i.MX6 the display drivers are implemented in a way that the first display that is activated on an IPU also gets a an additional video overlay. So in your case the display instance that you activate as mxcfb0 always creates /dev/fb0 for the main content *and* /dev/fb1 for the video overlay. And the framebuffer for display instance mxcfb1 is actually /dev/fb2.

Your F&S Support Team