Disable LCD Driver

• Hello.

We are currently trying to use the Pins 61,63 and 67 as Outputs.
    Therefor we need to deaktivate the LCD display.

To do this we need to set the DLL registry key in \Drivers\Display\LCD to DDI_NOP.dll. Correct?
    Currently this did not work in our trials. The moment we set the dll the PicoMod becomes unable to start.

The DDI_NOP.dll should be in the windows Folder of the PicoMOD, but we couldn't find it.

Were there any changes to deaktivate the LCD with the PicoMOD or can we download the DDL somewhere?

Best regards

• Hello,
    you are right ddi_nop is not included into PicoMODx standard image. Please try the attachment!
    Search also Registry for the driver registered under " \Drivers\Display\" originally. Maybe (?) it is referenced on multiple places.

Files

• ddi_nop.zip

(74.41 kB, downloaded 436 times, last: )

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

Edited 2 times, last by fs-support_ZU ().

• Thank you for the help, it's working with limited success now.

As written above we are using the PINs 61, 63 and 67 (all on Port4), but currently only PIN 63 seems to work properly now.
    I've meassured the voltage on the Pins and the PicoMOD seems unable to drive the PINs 61 and 67. (0V) I also used the PIN 65 as reverence, but also without success(registry was reconfigured for this purpose).

The registry settings for the IOs is as follows:

and the Display driver is set to ddi_nop.dll.
    Furthermore I've found the Display.dll revereced in HKLM\System\GDI\Drivers but setting it to ddi_nop doesn't seem to fix the problem.

In the software I've tried setting the according bits for these pins (0,2,6) and also to set the entire Port4.

Do you have any suggestions what I might be doing wrong?
    Best regards

• Hello,
    i checked driver and found no evident mistake also your registry looks fine.
    Please add setting:

Code
    1. reg open \Drivers\BuiltIn\DIGITALIO
    2. reg set value Debug dword 0xff
    3. reg save

and post the complete debug messages (boot output and output while access the pins). Thanks.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Debug during startup:

Opening of the port and set outputs to false

Set output to true and closing of the port:

Thank you for the help

• Ok - every thing seems to be ok (that you get string "low" while write "true" in debug output is a bug).
    One thing i found in the bug tracker which seems to match our problem. You use "PicoMOD7A V1.06 - Firmware Init ...".
    Bug ID 1768 says "[CEDDK] Some DIO pins do not work as expected (PM7A only)". So please use kernel >= 1.07.

Hope this resolves the problem.

• Now tested some Outputs of Port4 with Kernel V1.11:

I now set the whole Port as Output and am switching the Port between High and Low.
    The following Currently only got Pin 63 and 66 to work as expected.
    Measurements on the following pins results in 0V: 61, 64, 67 and 70.

I did the tests on another PicoMod too, with the same results.

Further measurements und Port5 Pin 72, 74, 76, 78 work as expected.

• Ok, thanks. I will do the futher tests and investigation please wait for the results.
    Just for my information you do *not* the use LVDS version of PicoMOD7A you use the TFT Version of PicoMOD7A?

• Hello,

i found a bug concering port 4 deep inside the driver, please test "XIPV210_CE6Core_V1.12_BETA_160909".
    Thanks for your hints.