Yocto Build Chromium browser

• I followed the instructions in the iMX 6 First Steps document to add the Chromium browser,
    however the version it pulls in is 48.0.2548.0 which is far too old.

Are there any plans to pull in a more up-to-date version of the browser?

The meta-browser master branch contains 68.0.3440.106 which is far more suitable.

• The next release will use a newer Yocto version (most probably 2.4) which also contains a newer Chromium. However it will still take a few weeks until release.

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hi everyone,

I tried to build chromium within yocto and I followed the steps as in the Efus First steps guide, but in the middle of the build process bitbake can not find this file "file://include.gypi".

in summary I did the following:

- I downloaded "fsimx6ul-Y1.0.tar.bz2"

- ./setup-yocto

- DISTRO=fus-imx-x11 MACHINE=fsimx6ul source ./fsl-setup-release.sh -b build

- I added the chromium package as in section 9.2.7

- bitbake fus-image-std

only in middle of the build process, I hit exactly this error -->

Thanks

kind regards

Ahmed

• Dear Ahmed,

sorry for my late response but we were busy because of the preparation and reworking of the exhibition. I tested you problem and can confirm this. It only occurs with fsimx6ul. On CPUs fsimx6 and fsimx6sx it works. The problem is that the fsimx6ul looking for the file include.gypi in different folders and doesnt find the file there. Thats why the do_fetch task of chromium fails. We need the folder armv7ve which doesnt exist. I have prepared a patch which creates the this folder. You will find the patch in the appendix.

To apply the patch you need the following steps:

1. copy the fsimx6ul-chromium.patch to your main yocto directory (same directory were you can find yocto-download).
    2. Switch to this directory and apply the patch with the following command: patch -p1 < fsimx6ul-chromium.patch
    3. Compile your yocto rootfs again

Like my colleague Mr. Keller said we are currently working on a new release which will use a newer Yocto version (most probably 2.4) which also contains a newer Chromium.

Your F&S Support Team

Files

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.