"Out of memory exception" while creating graphic objects under .NET

• Hello,

if you got an "out of memory exception" while creating graphic objects (like bitmaps) you can enlarge video memory size using the hidden bootloader command "XDS" (if available:). I saw this issue only while using .NET assume it is caused because a lot of temporary buffers are involved.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hi Hans Kessel,

step into the bootloader enter "XDS", enter your desired video memory size, reboot - thats all.

Example:

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

just a clarification, XDS works only using the boot screen feature. Else you have to adjust video memory size via registry:

HKLM\Drivers\Display\LCD\VidMemLen=dword:<size in MB>, refer also Device-Driver-Documentation.

• Hello,

just a clarification, XDS works only using the boot screen feature. Else you have to adjust video memory size via registry:

HKLM\Drivers\Display\LCD\VidMemLen=dword:<size in MB>, refer also Device-Driver-Documentation.

Is this setting verifiable? When I make this setting I'd like to check if it is applied. Loging shows "OAL: OEMGetRamTable TotalMemSize=512 VidMemSize=0"

Also what is the exact reference in Device-Driver-Documentation? I can't find it.

Many thanks.

• Hello,

>> Is this setting verifiable?

<< unfortunately not.

>> Also what is the exact reference in Device-Driver-Documentation?

<<DDD chapter 10 (at the time, first table third value)

So you don't use the boot screen feature?

• thanks.

I was using old documentation of A8. (how to access all most up-to-date docs?)

Using the boot screen with XDS command I tried but now I needed to update some systems in the field that have this OutofMem problem.

So registry setting is king.

• Hello,

>> ...So registry setting is king.

<< You have no choise. If boot screen is active you have to use "XDS" else you have to use Registry. Otherwise it does not work!

>> How to access all most up-to-date docs?

<< Go to the product page, select the board you use, click registrer card "documents".

• Just to confirm,

reg open \Drivers\Display\LCD

reg set value VidMemLen dword 96

reg save

will set it to 96Mb (default 64?)

I don't go into E-boot and make the XDS setting as it requires debug access to the system, which I don't have on production system!

• Hello,

as already told. Registry for VidMemLen works only if boot screen feature is not active. So if you adjust your display only via Registry the above may work. If you adjust your display in EBoot (via PSD) it won't work.

Default value ist 24MB.