Chrome / Chromium

• Hello, my objective is to get a browser in kiosk mode to display an angular web application in fullsccreen. The app is optimized for chrome so I would prefer to use chrome or a chromium variant. Currently there is no predefined way to install any browser but midori, which has some problems with complex javascript. And after searching around a bit it seems as if compiling chrome is a major hassle. Do you have any experience or tips in regards to this? Alternatively I'm willing to give other browsers like firefox a shot as well.

• Hello,

at the moment there is no official support for Chrome/Firefox in Buildroot.

If you want to use Chrome or Firefox then you have 2 possibilities.

1. You have to add a package to buildroot, which installs chrome for you.
    2. You can switch to our Yocto release, there you have Chrome and Firefox support.

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Actually there are more options:

1. Use Midori Browser in Buildroot. Unfortunatley we haven't tested this for quite a while, so we have no idea how well this will compile in current Buildroot versions.
    2. Use Qt5 and Webengine. Webengine is more or less a Chromium browser provided as classes to be used from Qt

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.