Questions about Yocto, on F&S Fedora VM

• Good day,

I recently started working with your linux distributions on a PicoMODA9 and have some questions:

As far as I understand, Buildroot as well as Yocto use DeviceTrees to further configure the system.

Where would I find the adjustable DeviceTrees for a Yocto-distribution? I have set up the yocto-files from the download area in accordance with the First Steps docu, but I seem to be unable to find any .dts files in the Yocto directory.

Should one use the deviceTree files from the buildroot directories shipped with the F&S VirtualBox image, or am I just mistaken in the usage of deviceTrees in Yocto?

Best regards

• Dear Mike,

Yocto is a build system like Buildroot. The device-trees relies on the kernel. Device-trees are the hardware specification and therefore the counterpart of the driver in linux kernel. So Yocto and Buildroot itself doesn´t have device-trees.

We at F&S also offer workshops so that the customer understands the system faster and more easily and thus can start the project faster. Below is the link to our workshops.

https://www.fs-net.de/en/suppo…ndows-embedded-workshops/

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Just to clarify, the device trees are not part of Yocto or Buildroot, they are part of the kernel. But of course the kernel is included in our Buildroot and Yocto releases, so you will find the device trees for our boards and modules in directory arch/arm/boot/dts under the Linux sources.

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.