• Hi,

I know the command line parameter --kiosk but I have to start Chromium automatically and silent after boot.

chromium --no-sandbox -- kiosk http://www.google.com

want do this because running chromium as root needs the option --no-sandbox which causes a message box in Chromium.

Creating a new user allready works but not without entering user password.

More or less folowing procedure should be implemented:

1. power on

2. boot process

3. network initialization DHCP or static IP (probably in U-Boot)

4. autologin as specific user (no root)

5. starting Chromium in kiosk mode with specific server address and without any user interaction

Best regards,

Daniel

• Hello,

I am assuming you are using systemd?

In systemd you can create an autologin by copying the file /lib/systemd/system/getty\@.service to /etc/systemd/

Code
    1. cp /lib/systemd/system/getty\@.service /etc/systemd/system/autologin\@.service

Now make a link from this file to

Code
    1. ln -sf /etc/systemd/system/autologin\@.service /etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/getty\@tty1.service

and overide the existing link.

In getty@tty1.service change the line

Code
    1. ExecStart=-/sbin/agetty -o '-p -- \\u' --noclear %I $TERM

to

Code
    1. ExecStart=-/sbin/agetty -o '-f USERNAME' -a USERNAME --noclear %I $TERM

This will automaticallylog you into tty1 with user USERNAME without asking for a password.

Now you can add

Code
    1. exec chromium  --kiosk

to

Code
    1. /home/USERNAME/.profile

and chromium will get started automaticallywith this user login.

I hope this helps.

Your F&S Support Team

• Hello,

thank you for quick reply :-). The Image was built by F&S but I think it's using systemd.

There stills a little issue concerning chromium. Logged in as user root will start Chromium verry quickly but with the parameters --no-sandbox I'm not sure if chromium is running without any restrictions (You are using an unsupported command-line flag: --no-sandbox. Stability and security will suffer.).

please see file --no-sandbox.txt

Logged in as user USERNAME starting chromium will cause a long delay (about 35s).

please see file --kiosk.txt

I think chromium is missing some directories/files in the home directory of the user USERNAME. I will try to copy the whole directory

/home/root/.config/chromium/

to

/home/USERNAME/.config/chromium/

Do you have any other ideas?

Thank you for help.

Best regards,

Daniel