WIFI Adapter for WEC2013 PicoCOMA9X

• Hello Support Team,

can you indicate a compatible USB Wifi support model for WEC2013 on PicoCOMA9X?

I found this post on your forum, but it's old and I didn't find any references to WEC2013 (LM006 and/or EDIMAX adapter).

Or are there other models?

Thanks.

• Hello,

by default there is no USB Wifi driver available on PicoCOMA9X (we offer also other products like efusA9X which has already wifi HW and SW on board!).

For PicoCOMA9X i see two ways to implement WiFi via USB:

1. You have tho check if your WiFi HW vendor offers also a WEC2013 driver.

2. We can include MS BSP_NIC_RTWLANU driver (and additional Wifi configuration modules) into a custom image, following HW (chip sets) should be supported.

To find the vendors and brands, you can use http://www.the-sz.com/products/usbid/ .

Sample for first HW: vendor id=050D, product id= 1102

;050D:1102

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\1293_4354\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;050D:2102

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\1293_8450\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;0586:341F

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\1414_13343\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;06F8:E033

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\1784_57395\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;07AA:0056

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\1962_86\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;07B8:8178

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\1976_33144\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;07B8:8189

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\1976_33161\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;0BDA:8170

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\3034_33136\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;0BDA:8176

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\3034_33142\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;0BDA:8177

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\3034_33143\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;0BDA:8178

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\3034_33144\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;0BDA:817A

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\3034_33146\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;0BDA:817B

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\3034_33147\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;0BDA:8179

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\3034_33145\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;0BDA:817E

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\3034_33150\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;0BDA:8191

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\3034_33169\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;0BDA:8192

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\3034_33170\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;0BDA:5088

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\3034_20616\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;0BDA:018A

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\3034_394\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;0DF6:0052

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\3574_82\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;0DF6:005C

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\3574_92\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;0EB0:9071

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\3760_36977\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;103C:1629

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\4156_5673\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;13D3:3357

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\5075_13143\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;13D3:3358

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\5075_13144\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;13D3:3359

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\5075_13145\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;2001:3307

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\8193_13063\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;2001:3308

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\8193_13064\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;2001:3309

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\8193_13065\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;2001:330A

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\8193_13066\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;2019:AB2A

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\8217_43818\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;2019:AB2B

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\8217_43819\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;2019:ED17

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\8217_60695\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;20F4:648B

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\8436_25739\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;4855:0090

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\18517_144\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;4855:0091

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\18517_145\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;4856:0091

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\18518_145\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;7392:7811

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\29586_30737\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

;7392:7822

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\29586_30754\Default\Default\netrtwlanu]

"DLL"="netrtwlanu.dll"

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

Edited 3 times, last by fs-support_ZU ().

• Hi Team,

unfortunately I have to answer only now to these interesting answers, I hope it is not too late.

I have two questions:

-AXIS product, I tried to download the drivers for WEC2013 Arm, but according to their docs, you need to include the dll / bib files / registers via Platform Builder (we do NOT have platform builder). Basically, we can't use it.

-Your product list, how does it work? I buy one of the products in your list, you include me the dlls etc. in the kernel and I don't have to install anything else from the manufacturer?

I only saw a few products on your list, and in none I found Drivers to install for WEC2013, no reference to WinCE in general.

Could you please tell me what it takes once we buy one of the products from the list?

How will the Wi-Fi management work on our PicoCOMA9X WEC2013?

I hope I was clear in the explanation.

Thanks in advance for the support.

• Hello,

>> AXIS product, I tried to download the drivers for WEC2013 Arm, but according to their docs, you need to include the dll / bib files / registers via Platform Builder (we do NOT have platform builder). Basically, we can't use it.

<< Think this is not true. In gerneral you can copy files refered in "bib file" to ffsdisk and modify Registry as outlined in "reg file".

But you may prefer to add all the stuff (and other things) into the image. For that we offer custom images, see custom-kernel. But you have to provide us date or tell which modules/registry/... should be included.

>> Your product list, how does it work? I buy one of the products in your list, you include me the dlls etc. in the kernel and I don't have to install anything else from the manufacturer?

<< You meant the VID/PID in the above? All this stuff comes with "BSP_NIC_RTWLANU" and is available if we provide you a custom-kernel with this module. Means you can use every chip set (PID) in the list.

>> How will the Wi-Fi management work on our PicoCOMA9X WEC2013?

<< You can do it via "Wi-Fi API". So a custom-kernel would be a good thing because we can add smoothly modules -if required.

By the way - if you plan a new design. Maybe it would be better to choose a board with WLAN on Board like efusA9X.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hi,

Thanks for the prompt answers.

We are more likely to include one of the devices from the VID / PID list.

You talked about "WiFi API", I guess something is added in the ControlPanel with the new kernel. But to manage connections from our vb.net/c# application, does something already exist? Where, possibly, should I look for?

The fact is that we need to be sure that the connections are manageable in an accessible way from our application. Possibly it is possible to try a kernel with integrated wifi?

Thanks in advance.

• Hello,

>> You talked about "WiFi API", I guess something is added in the ControlPanel with the new kernel. But to manage connections from our vb.net/c# application, does something already exist? Where, possibly, should I look for?

<< Yes, there is a control panel but also a API in c++. You can import this API to .NET! For API refer Embedded Compact Docs

>> But to manage connections from our vb.net/c# application, does something already exist? Where, possibly, should I look for?

<< google for "compact framework wifi" for example.

>> The fact is that we need to be sure that the connections are manageable in an accessible way from our application. Possibly it is possible to try a kernel with integrated wifi?

<< This is possible but some intensive work. I know some customer who do this. A test kernel is a bit critical because on our side we have the efford evenen when it not works on your side;). You may contact our sales office/your distributor for clear this issue. But best is to order kernel with BSP_NIC_RTWLANU driver (and additional Wifi configuration modules) and start work ... .

• Hi,

if i wanted to buy the kernel which includes the wifi modules, who should i contact in F&S?

We have purchased two USB Wifi and would like to start working on them.

PS. following your suggestion, I was unable to integrate the API you indicated to me in .NET, I could not find any reference on how to do it. Would you please have some additional information to give us?

I found the OpenNetCF library, but the ConnectionManager and Wifi part doesn't work, Visual Studio 2015 says it can't PInvoke (I've tried in VB.net e C#).

Thanks.

• Hello,

>>I found the OpenNetCF library, but the ConnectionManager and Wifi part doesn't work, Visual Studio 2015 says it can't PInvoke (I've tried in VB.net e C#).

<< At runtime you got this message? A pinvoke should work always in VS "using System.Runtime.InteropServices;"!

Else did you try a simple function like "Sleep".

In the first case we have to add the modules then is should work.

>> .. I could not find any reference on how to do it. Would you please have some additional information to give us?

<< Refer Native Wifi Reference then do the pinvokes you need.

>> You have to order custom-kernel via your distributor. If you have no distributor contact our sales office.