Build Image error

• Hi,

I am trying to build an image with modified configuration for iMX8 (buildroot-fsimx8x-B2020.09-pre) but I get the following error.

Can you please give me an advise how to solve it.

Thank you.

• Hello,

in the buildroot source directory under package/libdrm/libdrm.hash you can exchange the hash from the line

Code
    1. sha256 f629310a6cc572b94ca6dbc81083a956183d149b90a499ade3bbd29f1bb244c8 libdrm-imx-2.4.91.tar.gz

with the hash that you actually got for the package

Code
    1. ERROR: got : a9433599219f07215188758304353d49bd9caba4489c002751e1a773a7bcdec7

I'm currently building it myself to look it up.

Your F&S support team

• Thank you. This error is solved with your suggestion.

could you build the image. I had other errors, which I solved them but now I am stuck with the following error:

Code
    1. [developer@localhost buildroot-fsimx8x-B2020.09-pre]$ make
    2. >>> toolchain-external-custom Configuring
    3. External toolchain uses the unsuported OABI
    4. package/pkg-generic.mk:228: recipe for target '/home/developer/linux-fsimx8x-B2020.09-pre/fsimx8x-B2020.09-pre/build/buildroot-fsimx8x-B2020.09-pre/output/build/toolchain-external-custom/.stamp_configured' failed
    5. make[1]: *** [/home/developer/linux-fsimx8x-B2020.09-pre/fsimx8x-B2020.09-pre/build/buildroot-fsimx8x-B2020.09-pre/output/build/toolchain-external-custom/.stamp_configured] Error 1
    6. Makefile:84: recipe for target '_all' failed
    7. make: *** [_all] Error 2
    8. [developer@localhost buildroot-fsimx8x-B2020.09-pre]$
  • Yes, I was able to build with the fsimx8x_std_defconfig. The only thing I needed to do was to copy the scfw_tcm.bin from binaries to output/images, because I cleaned my build.

For the error it seems that something is wrong with the toolchain or the setup for the environments. Could you check, whether you use the same configurations as in configs/fsimx8x_std_defconfig for BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL and its sub-configurations (BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_PATH etc).

To see whether it is a problem with the setup in general or the modified configuration, you could build the fsimx8x_std_defconfig as a test.

Your F&S support team

• Hello support team,

i could build the image with default configuration. I have already worked with iMX6 and I know how to deploy new uboot and new image to board (using TFTP commands).

Is there any guide document for iMX8, which explains how to flash new image to board. (I want to flash image without using sd_Card). Can you please advise me.

Thanks.

• There is documentation under chapter 3.8.2, 5.10.2 and 5.10.3 in "Linux on F&S Boards".

The user area of the eMMC consists of at least the MBR, the FAT partition for kernel and device tree, and the RootFS as an ext4.

The sdcard image is basically just a mirror of the user area and can be written directly with "mmc write $loadaddr 0x0 $blockcnt" to the user area at the first block. The size of a block can be shown with mmc info and is called RD Block Len. It is typically 512, so the blockcount would be blockcnt=$filesize/512. All the mmc commands expect the startingblock and the blockcount in hexadecimal instead of normal adresses and sizes. Writing the whole scard image is recommended, because the partition table (MBR) gets updated as well.

With an existing partition table and structure it should be possible to write the kernel or device tree with the following command:

fatwrite mmc 0:1 $loadaddr Image $filesize

fatls mmc 0:1 / shows the already existing files on the FAT partition.

Writing of the RootFS needs to be done similarly to the sdcard image. To get the starting position of the existing RootFS, you can show all partitions and at which block they are with mmc part. The first partition with the type 83 is the RootFS.

Example:

Blocksize = 163840000 / 512 = 320000 = 0x4e200

Startingblock = 131072 = 0x20000

=> mmc write $loadaddr 0x20000 0x4e200

The UBoot image should stay the same for this pre-release, because it is part of an image container with the firmware for the system controller unit (SCU) and the security controller (SECO).

Your F&S support team

• The eMMC is the standard flash device for the i.MX8X, so for the pre-release the QSPI NAND is not yet supported. I had the NAND running in kernel version 5.4.70, but at the time the software for the QSPI driver was not usable, at least not in Quad SPI mode.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Your F&S support team

• Thank you for information.

I could build image with my configuration as well. The I wanted to add Samba4 to configuration too and notices by choosing Samba4, Python3 is disabled.

With this configuraion (adding samba4), I get following error. I added enum to config as well but same result.

Can you please tell me how to solve it. Thanks.