• The link for device driver leads to NetDCU4/5/6/8.
    For the touch there seems to be some differences to NetDCU8, I entered all values we did for NetDCU8, but touch does not work at all after entering.
    As well, there is an additional entry for the driver:

Are there some changes to NetDCU8?

Thank you very much.
    Georg

• Calibration works, but double clicking does not work.

Which values are read? All settings for NetDCU8?
    If I set MinMove(5) and MaxMove(50) to the default value of NetDCU8, touch is not working any longer. I set it to 1(MinMove) and 1023(MaxMove) and adjusted:

TouchSamples: 2,3, 7,19
    DeltaXCoordTolerance 1,20,500
    DeltaYCoordTolerance 1,16,450

Thank you for your help.
    Georg

• Do I understand this right: the calibration procedure can be started *and* completed, the touch reacts to the crosses shown the display? And the touch also works after calibration (e.g clicking on an icon, dragging a window) and only double-clicks do not work?

The reason why I ask: you can not take the calibration values from a NetDCU8, write them to the registry on a NetDCU9 and expect the touch to work. Even if touch and display are exactly the same, the calibration mapping works totally different here and the resulting calibration values may look completely different. Even if the calibration procedure is exactly the same and you press exactly the same points on the touch. You have to do a new calibration on the NetDCU9.

Regards,

H. Keller

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

Do I understand this right: the calibration procedure can be started *and* completed, the touch reacts to the crosses shown the display? And the touch also works after calibration (e.g clicking on an icon, dragging a window) and only double-clicks do not work?

Correct, only double click does not work, or exactly is to slow.

The reason why I ask: you can not take the calibration values from a NetDCU8, write them to the registry on a NetDCU9 and expect the touch to work. Even if touch and display are exactly the same, the calibration mapping works totally different here and the resulting calibration values may look completely different. Even if the calibration procedure is exactly the same and you press exactly the same points on the touch. You have to do a new calibration on the NetDCU9.

The link for device driver leads to NetDCU4/5/6/8.
    For the touch there seems to be some differences to NetDCU8, I entered all values we did for NetDCU8, but touch does not work at all after entering.

Which entries are available?
    Thank you.
    Georg[/quote]

• Please take a look at the following ndcucfg commands.
    This is a tested configuration for NetDCU9.
    Use it and modify it to your needs.

Regards
    Holger

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• I uses the exact settings given above on a NetDCU9 System. (Taken out of the file nd9_touch_104.txt which came with my NetDCU9 Starter Kit.)

However, the touch does not alwas work as expected. Somtimes touch coordinates are wrong.

I checked the latest device driver documentation (Version 1.00 Date: 2009-02-16) and found out that only the following values are described:
    SamplePeriodLowHns
    SamplePeriodHighHns
    DeltaXCoordTolerance
    DeltaYCoordTolerance
    TouchSamples
    Debug
    AutoCalib
    MinMove
    MaxMove

Does this mean that all the other registry values are irrelevant for the NetDCU9 and if not what are they exactly there for?

Then something else seems strange to me: The values suggested above are completely different from the default values given in the documentation.

But what is most important to me: Which of the 16 values are worth experimenting with when trying to get better Touch results?
    And will the registry changes be forwarded to the driver immerdiately or do I have to reboot the system every time I make some changes?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Bertram Hildebrand

• Hello,

... will the registry changes be forwarded to the driver immerdiately or do I have to reboot the system every time I make some changes?

You have to reboot. If value debug is set to "0x04" you will see active settings while booting on the serial debug port.

However, the touch does not alwas work as expected. Somtimes touch coordinates are wrong.

In which way? Can you tell us details about the behaviour?

But what is most important to me: Which of the 16 values are worth experimenting with when trying to get better Touch results?

I would start with "TouchSamples". In creasing this value the touch will be slower but more exact.
    Next i would modify "SamplePeriodLow/HighHns" In creasing this values the touch will be slower but more exact.

• Description of the Touch Problem:
    I define two Buttons: Button A above Button B as shown below. When Button B is pressed on the touch-screen sometimes Button A is activated! This happens only seldomly, but it does. I have raised TouchSamples from 5 to 20 which did not help. SamplePeriodLow/HighHns is set to 50000 ns now. Up to which value should I try to go, maybe 100000?
    I assume that the total time it takes for retrieving a "touch-pressed-event" i.e. click-event is at least:
    some_overhead + TouchSamples*SamplePeriodLow + TouchSamples*SamplePeriodHi.

So in my configuration this would sum up to some_overhead+20*50ms+20*50ms = more than 2s?
    However, touch-responsiveness does not "feel" like 2 seconds... Am I wrong with my calculation?

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Quote from "hibert"

I assume that the total time it takes for retrieving a "touch-pressed-event" i.e. click-event is at least:
    some_overhead + TouchSamples*SamplePeriodLow + TouchSamples*SamplePeriodHi.

So in my configuration this would sum up to some_overhead+20*50ms+20*50ms = more than 2s?
    However, touch-responsiveness does not "feel" like 2 seconds... Am I wrong with my calculation?

No, the computation is a little bit different. SamplePeriodLow and SamplePeriodHi are just two, usually different sample frequencies. Normally, SamplePeriodLow times per second the touch driver is called to fetch one touch value. In some cases, the frequency can be increased and then SamplePeriodHi times per second the driver fetches one touch value. Usually SamplePeriodLow is set to 50, which means 50 samples per second.

TouchSamples is the number of the last samples that is used to compute an average value. This is done to reduce runaway values. However this just uses the last TocuhSamples values that were fetched previously. It's not that many values that have to sampled before one new value is available. By increasing this value, the jitter gets less, but also the response time increases. For example if you set this value also to 50, then it takes up to one second until a new position on the touch is recognized. I would not set this value too high, just some value below 10, for example 5 or 6. That's still enough to eliminate single runaway values, but small enough not to slowdown the whole recognizing mechanism.

You can also do some test: if you set this value to 1, and then try to move a window by picking it up in the window title bar, does the window jump up and down and/Or left and right? Then your touch is sensitive to electric noise. In this case, try to move the backlight inverter at a bigger distance from the display.

Regards,

H. Keller