Docker support on buildroot

• Hello, I'm currently trying to get docker to work on my armStoneA9R2 using the newest software release (fsimx6-3.1).

The included buildroot version is a bit dated by now (May 2016) and does not support docker yet.

The upstream of buildroot has added support for installing docker.

Is there a way to make the upstream version compatible to the board or do I have to wait for the next release? :/

• If you don't care about patches from F&S, you can use a vanilla Buildroot. Just use the F&S kernel. We use Buildroot version 2017.11.2 without any problems. I have also booted Debian 9 from sd card without much trouble, but I haven't had a chance to test it. Btw, official Debian 9 support would be cool and would enable us to run things like Azure IoT Edge on the board.

• We are currently working towards the next release. This will have buildroot-2018.11, Linux kernel 4.9.88 and a rather recent U-Boot (updating U-Boot is our current task). We hope to get this released by the end of the month.

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.