Pin 1 at J5 as a simple input bit

• Dear all,

I'm configuring GPPIO through WinDCUCfg in order to use all the available I/O pins as an input. I have a problem, anyway, with pin 1. It seems that, once it is activated, remains with a value of '1'.

I think it happens because is an interrupt pin but how could I "reset" the interrupt state in order to read new values again?

Thanks in advance.

Jose Vicente.

• Just to be sure, how did you "activate" Pin 1 as GPIO? Because from my point of view this is impossible.

Regards,

H. Keller

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• What I would mean is that I configure pin 1 as "input" (setting data dir) and then I set 3.3 V in the pin. I read the port and I check that the bit has changed from 0 to 1. Finally, I set the pin to 0 V and read again. Now the bit is always 1.

Should I acknowledge the interrupt? Are my assumptions wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Jose Vicente.

• Hello,

you can not access J5.1 from DIO and you can not adjust any properties of this pin via WCE Registry! Hence J5.1 is deactivated in "WinNDCUCfg".
    You can use this pin as "extern" interrupt only for a sample see http://fs-net.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=631.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Thanks for your answer. I assumed there were 20 pins which could be configured as an input at all (based on hardware description file for NetDCU8, pin 1 is marked as I/O). Am I wrong?

Anyway, implementing the needed code to process the interrupt and configuring it so, could I detect changes in pin 1 from 0 to 3.3 V and then again from 3.3 V to 0? (I need specifically 20 digital inputs for my project.

Thanks again,

Jose Vicente.

• Hello,

did you recognized the device driver documentation?
    Yes, on J5 are 20 IOs- plus one IRQ pin.
    The IRQ will only be triggered with falling edge.

• Dear Sir,

If you can use GPIO8 - Pin 1 in J5 I/O Interface only as interrupt, I do not understand why it is said between brackets that is a IO-Port 8.(Document NetDCU10_Hardware_eng.pdf, version 1.00, point 2.11 J5 I/O Interface, page 23).

As you can see there, it seems that you can use this Pin 1 – GPIO8 the same as the others GPIO’s and as interrupt too. But it does NOT!!

Best Regards,

Jose MATA
    IFR Automotive

• This pin J5.1 was used on older boards as IRQ input only. There it was hardware specific, i.e. it was not possible to use it as standard I/O pin. On newer boards like the NetDCU8 or NetDCU10, this pin can theoretically be configured to an I/O pin from the view of the hardware, but this is not supported by the DIO software driver. Though this is only a software implementation restriction, not a hardware issue. For example if you use Linux, this pin is usable in the same way as all the other I/O pins on J5. This explains why this pin is listed as a common I/O pin in the hardware description.

Regards,

H. Keller

• Dear Mr. Keller,

So, does mean that I could use this pin J5.1 as a GPIO, but I should write my own code / driver to do so, because I can not use the DIO software driver.

Let me ask some more questions to use NetDCU10’s J5.1 (GPIO8) as an output pin:

How should I configure the registry settings?

reg open \Drivers\BuiltIn\DIGITALIO
    ‘Deactivate the interrupts, even though is said that it affects NetDCU6 and NetDCU6/ ‘NetDCU8
    reg set val IRQCfg0 dword 0
    reg set val IRQCfg1 dword 0
    reg set val IRQCfg2 dword 0
    ‘What else here?

How should I access this pin from code?

I write C# manage code, and I think that I need to do this from C++ native code by means of a wrapper or PInvoque ???

Could you lead me to do this?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Jose MATA
    IFR Automotive